Tiling round electrical sockets in kitchen

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I spoke to someone about tiling a kitchen they said they have put something around the sockets for safety until it is tiled. Any idea what this is?

Sponsored Links
Not without further information.
It could be anything from a fingerplate, to a bead of mastic or some masking tape.
Speak to the person you spoke to for clarification.

Sponsored Links
Fingerplates?

You can get them to fit switches, sockets, (both single, and double), and also in different finishes including brass, brushed aluminium, etc.
Yes, they need to come off to tile under the switch faceplate and also to be able to grout to just under the switch faceplate.

Do they split in half so you can remove them once removed the screws?
Some apparently do, there were others which were disposable.

I have never used any of them, can't see the point. Solutions looking for problems.

Thanks the disposal ones probably just pull or tear apart. You don't need to unwire socket etc to get off? Would defeat the object. No I have never seen before they were just screwed back right then the tiler loosens when tilling. Most obviously isolate kitchen sockets on board when doing this?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back