Tim Martin set for New Year's Eve knighthood

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
At the start of the year, Tim, 68, was named among the UK's biggest taxpayers as it emerged he paid £123 million in tax last year - but few people realise his £448million net worth started with running just one pub. He often redevelops old buildings that otherwise might have been left to ruin, such as banks and post offices, and injects them with a new lease of life in the form of punters.

Fun Fact#87 - The 'JD' part of the company name 'JD Wetherspoons' was taken from a character in the US TV series The Dukes of Hazzard.

s-l1200.webp
I've never had so much fun.

Why would he - THIS. IS. NOT. A. TESCO. THREAD.
(Perhaps you could start one about Tesco’s if you're that bothered)
Slightly off-topic but why do we have the ability to alter the size of the font used if someone else is going to alter them back? What are the 'rules' on font sizes? Who didn't like, complained or was offended at my use of a large font to emphasise to @Notch7 that he had again changed the topic of the thread?

Moderators note

Rule no. 7

See also 1(d)

Slightly off-topic but why do we have the ability to alter the size of the font used if someone else is going to alter them back? What are the 'rules' on font sizes? Who didn't like, complained or was offended at my use of a large font to emphasise to @Notch7 that he had again changed the topic of the thread?

This. thread. isn't. about. font. size.

Size doesn`t matter when your trying to get your point in .....seemingly

I voted for boris. the only good thing he did was get brexit done. This country was well and truly on it's knees long before brexit as notch and co know very well. Thatcher sold or shut down every piece of industry that we had. From there on in this country went down hill rapidly. Brexit prevented countries that had being trying to conquer Britain from doing it via the backdoor. Then the covid lockdowns added further woes to this already dead country. Notch and co only seem to be concerned that brexit makes them wait in long queues when they want to go abroad to ski or whatever. Move there ffs if you like europe so much but ffs stop whining here.
Sadly, a lot of us are stuck here in this pathetic post-Brexit wasteland, further ruined by 13 years of toryfuckwittery. I'm sure millions of us would move to an EU country if we were allowed, but some unfortunate idiots ruined it for everyone in this sh!thole country by falling for a load of (blatantly obvious) lies and voting to make this crappy country even worse - and removing our right to free movement. Thanks for ruining it for all of us.

Sponsored Links
Back