Time for a new Boiler?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We moved into our current house 7 years ago.A semi detatched 2 bedroom house and a bathroom.2 Extensions,a baby later we now have 3 bathrooms 3 bedrooms,an extra lounge and an integral garage (with 2 rads)the boiler had to be moved(the flue would have been inside the garage) our house has went from 6 radiators to 10. the missus thinks the rads and the house in general is`nt as warm. we also have have 2 thermostatic showers running off the combi. Do you think the boiler is still up to the job,or is it time to renew.
the combi we have is a Vokera Option. thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
If the combi is 24kW it is ok for heating the house.
If the house isn't warm enough the radiators perhaps need
balancing or perhaps aren't big enough.
I would suggest adding an unvented cylinder for hot water.
This can be put in the garage if that is where the current boiler is that makes sense. Provided you have a good cold mains flow it will easily
provide the bathrooms.
The existing combi can heat the hot water in this tank and the combi hot water function can be left unused.

The existing combi can heat the hot water in this tank and the combi hot water function can be left unused.

I would suggest combi hot water outlet be used in the kitchen/ utility room.

Sponsored Links

I would suggest combi hot water outlet be used in the kitchen/ utility room.

And the reason for this?

Because the wood burner oops sorry wrong thought when i saw your name !!

Why not he's got a combi ? leave it to do the kitchen/utility .....unvented bathrooms ...........saves buying a new boiler ......perfectly acceptable done it loads of times in upgraded houses to increase dhw flow rates for bathrooms.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back