Tips for finding a sparky for bathroom & Kitchen upgrade

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Well it looks like I have 2 options.

1. Either my bathroom and kitchen were done last year
2. I get in 'compotent person' to complete the wiring.

I can't see me doing option 1 as I am taking a wall out so having to inform building control anyway. However I am interested to find out if the money they are charging can include the 'notification' I need to provide for power.

That way, apart from finding a sparky I don't have to worry about further charges, as I will alreday be paying them to inspect the whole job.

Of course I need to find a sparky, not knowing has anyone got any tips on how best to choose. I've asked friends, but most live in council houses so the council look after it all for them....

PS: If anyone is a sparky or knows one in north london please send me a private message

Thanks

we do not have p.m. on this forum, and your email address is not in your profile

Sponsored Links
freestyle said:
However I am interested to find out if the money they are charging can include the 'notification' I need to provide for power.
Yes, it's all one fee, usually a sliding scale based on the total value of all the works.

But you aren't DIY-ing, you're going to be using an electrician, so why not use a registered one, and avoid all the complications of notifying LABC of work done by an unregistered person?

Sponsored Links
It's not easy - same as picking any tradesman, personal recommendation counts for a lot, but you've tried that...

Unless anybody here can recommend anyone, YP and fingers crossed it will have to be. Usual stuff - get at least 3 quotes, see if you think they are listening to what you want, see what their plans are (you can verify those here), ask for references etc.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back