Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

When filling out your test cert form. How do you determine between

TN-CS and TN-S earthing arrangements?

Thanks..

Sponsored Links
Don't mean to be rude but if you can't work this out should you be filling out the form in the first place??

On a more helpful note try looking in your OSG.

If observation doesn't provide you with a definate answer, then try comparing Ze to P-N external loop, if they are the same, then there is a good chance of TN-C-S ,or you could just phone up and ask the suppier, and they will pull one out of a hat for you :LOL:

craig. have a look at the suppliers main fuse. If it has PME written on it and the main earth cable goes into the actual cut out on the right then that would normally be TN-C-S. You won't be able to get at the terminal without breaking the seal though.

If you can see that the main earth cable goes to an external connection next to the cut out, or is connected to the cable sheath below the cut out, then that would imply TN-S.

You need to test or enquire to confirm though.

From your previous postings you are using building control? So they, or their agent will sort the paperwork for you I would imagine.

Sponsored Links
Cheers Harvey.

Good info, I just wondered how you could tell visually as aposed to

breaking the seals. Thanks for explaining.

Mr bjs spark I didnt say I was going to be filling out any forms myself

just interested in how the pros can tell the difference.

Then why not ask your 'pro' when he comes to test and inspect your DIY extension wiring and fill out the forms??? ;)

Most PME service heads have a sticker saying so.

Their supply cables are skinnier than TNS.

The earth always comes from the cutout, via the PEN conductor.

TNS earth comes via the supply cable sheath.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back