To supply & fit extractor fan £cost

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a pull cord extractor fan in the bathroom which I want to replace with an automatic type. I understand the auto's need a switched live !

Roughly, how much will it cost for an electrician to jump up into my loft, locate the switched live to my bathroom light and spur off that approx 5' to feed the fan?

It's not a trick question, I haven't already been charged £700+ but I would like a ball park figure before contacting local Co's.

My thanks in advance
Babba

Sponsored Links
Shouldnt cost too much, how far is it from the light in the bathroom to the fan position? how would the cable get down from the ceiling void to the light, any chasing out of the plaster required?? how big is the loft void above the bathroom?? how new is the wiring in the house? once these are answered then it will give a better ide of costing. Where abouts in Derbyshire are you , i live in burton and if you need someone to do it for you then give us a shout.

Nick

Babba said:
I have a pull cord extractor fan in the bathroom which I want to replace with an automatic type. I understand the auto's need a switched live !
Wow!

Roughly, how much will it cost for an electrician to jump up into my loft, locate the switched live to my bathroom light and spur off that approx 5' to feed the fan?
See Item #9 here

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back