Today's investment tip

Sponsored Links
Plenty of other countries want to do trade deals with the UK.
The most recent has been between the Ivory Coast and the UK for the supply of Bananas in any shape you chose.
Other deals begin on January 1st 2021.

Attachments

• upload_2020-10-19_9-38-10.png
    upload_2020-10-19_9-38-10.png
    234.2 KB · Views: 53
  • upload_2020-10-19_9-45-53.png
    upload_2020-10-19_9-45-53.png
    234.2 KB · Views: 38
Sponsored Links
I don’t think so Woolfie. :sneaky:
Ever wondered why so many of your 'tedious' posts have been removed?

Oh, but I forgot...

Glaciers move faster than you thought process, old man :)

Ever wondered why so many of your 'tedious' posts have been removed?
(n) Because you squeal like a stuck pig when you upload your 'tedious post' banner maybe? The simple fact that you know that they have been removed says it all, you plum. :)

Last edited:
It takes 2 to make a deal, as the EU don't appear to want one then no deal seems inevitable.
Actually the EU is simply sticking to the deal that that was negotiated with the UK, and is intent on upholding the rules of the EU (and the process of a nation withdrawing) that the UK signed up to years ago...

Do you really expect the EU to give favourable terms to a member that has left the club?

Actually the EU is simply sticking to the deal that that was negotiated with the UK, and is intent on upholding the rules of the EU (and the process of a nation withdrawing) that the UK signed up to years ago...

Do you really expect the EU to give favourable terms to a member that has left the club?
I don't think the UK was asking for favourable terms, maybe the same terms as other non EU countries are afforded.

"A few years ago, I analysed the Brexit strategy of the UK government (a bunch of red lines) as a misconceived two-level game (2LG): if you are no longer a part of the relationship, your ‘and I want you to do this’ style of negotiating has very little power, because there is no credible ‘or else’ that you can add or even imply. Invoking domestic constituencies as constraints in international negotiations to leverage the outcome in your favour only works if you display a fundamental commitment to the arrangement that you are trying to change. It’s safe to say that the Brexit decision and the implementation since early 2017 killed that."

https://blogs.lse.ac.uk/europpblog/2020/10/16/the-uk-and-the-eu-another-two-level-game/

I don't think the UK was asking for favourable terms, maybe the same terms as other non EU countries are afforded.
Nope...

The UK has been asking for far greater favourable terms than other non EU countries (aka cherry picking), and so far the EU is sticking to it's guns as it is entitled to do so...

And don't forget that the UK government is boasting about breaking international law by refusing to adhere to the agreement it signed up to!

Sponsored Links
Back