today in manchester....

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Unless I'm mistaken, there are two other EU countries whose doors are open to all EU nationals: the Irish Republic and Sweden. I've also heard that not many immigrants choose to go to Sweden.

On the face of it that's puzzling. :confused: :confused: :confused: They have a better welfare system than we do and most Swedes speak good English. Is it too cold up there? Surely not for the average East European! I think we could learn something here. :idea: :idea: :idea:

I've also heard that not many immigrants choose to go to Sweden.

On the face of it that's puzzling. :confused: :confused: :confused: They have a better welfare system than we do and most Swedes speak good English. Is it too cold up there? Surely not for the average East European! I think we could learn something here. :idea: :idea: :idea:
Oh come on Space cat, you need to ask?? Sweden---Abba, need I say more? :)

Unless I'm mistaken, there are two other EU countries whose doors are open to all EU nationals: the Irish Republic and Sweden. I've also heard that not many immigrants choose to go to Sweden.

They are also very intollerant of people helping themselves to their lifestyle and welfare. My brother lived there for 15 years.

joe-90 said:
They are also very intollerant of people helping themselves to their lifestyle and welfare.

If you mean that freeloaders don't get an easy ride, that's something from which we could learn. :) :) :)

joe-90 said:
They are also very intollerant of people helping themselves to their lifestyle and welfare.

If you mean that freeloaders don't get an easy ride, that's something from which we could learn. :) :) :)

The Swedes (like the French) forget every word of English when it suits them. ;)

The French (in my experience) forget every word of English all the time.

There is nothing wrong with this though as they are, after all, French and have no reason to speak English other than to communicate with ignorant English people who expect everyone else to speak their language ;)

MW

Sponsored Links
Back