Toilet blocked with kitchen tissue's

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Our downstairs WC is blocked with kitchen tissue. I know this as (a) we only use the downstairs toilet for number ones and (b) I am the culprit who threw the kitchen tissues (brand = Plenty) into the toilet, silly me !
It has been blocked since Saturday. Upon flushing (using either of the two buttons) it just fills up to the rim and eventually flows through down to correct level.
We have used Domesto's bleach, Mr Muscle kitchen and bathroom and also HD liquid unblocker all to no avail. Initially I tried a wire (hanger) and also a plunger but these didn't work. So I assume that the blockage is further down the pipe.
All other toilets flush through fine so I assume that the blockage is local to this toilet but too far down for a plunger to be effective.

Please can anyone provide advice as to what solution/unblocking agent to use so that it will break the kitchen tissues down, or anything else?

Many thanks in advance

Red

Sponsored Links
Have you lifted the first manhole in the run?

Don't you listen to Juan Sheet? :p

plumber-smiley-emoticon.gif

Tried a long bendy wire un-blocky thing? (you can tell I'm a spark, not a plumber, can't you?) ;)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/bhp/toilet-unblocker

The only thing is, once you've unblocked the loo, it may get caught further on downstream....

Plenty is a bu$$er because it is very reluctant to disintegrate.

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links
Thanks both for your prompt responses, and I fully expected the mockery too !!
Yep tried wires, plunger, gloves etc etc.

Funny thing is that the first available manhole is at the front of the house and the external pipe for this toilet is at the back. But as other toilets and drains are fine I assumed that the issue is internal rather than external, but I could be wrong!
I know (now) that Plenty is a bugg*r!! How embarrassing! In my defence, the wife previously used a cheapo kitchen tissue which was thin and disintegrated at the first sight of water, but I hold my hands up to my mistake.

Any other idea's or is Dynorod/Plumber my next best bet?

Ta
Red

Empty a bottle of strong thick bleach into the bowl & leave overnight.

Google suggest asprin may be able to dissolve it, also a baking powder/vinegar boiled up solution may work. google 'em.

Try this, flush the toilet as usual so it's plenty of water in the pan then use the mop up/down with a hard pumping movement near the outlet. Might need to put a few towel round the pan for water splashing

9760700_orig.jpg

Ok, I dissolved some soda crystals in tap hot water and put into toilet and then flushed with hot water too, but still filling up to the top before slowly decreasing water level..................

Are there any chemical agents/liquid unblockers that are known to break down kitchen tissue that I can use for the toilet please?
Any/all help is appreciated !

Ta

Red

Try this, flush the toilet as usual so it's plenty of water in the pan then use the mop up/down with a hard pumping movement near the outlet. Might need to put a few towel round the pan for water splashing

9760700_orig.jpg

AS above but with a plastic bag tied around it.

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links
Back