Toilet pan connector

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
I recently ripped out my toilet as i was getting a bad smell in the house every so often that seemed to be coming from here.

I found that the existing toilet pan connector seemed to be a misfit and had been silicon gelled into place

The soil pipe appears to be cast iron, however it also appears to have a rusting connector attatched to the front of it, possibly to expand it further out when the room was changed after an extension was fitted to the back of the house, blocking the window that is now behind a false wall that the soil pipe sits under.

Im wondering, firstly, as this connector seems to be very well attached to the soil pipe if it is actually part of the pipe.

Secondly, in order to make it fit for purpose again, im thinking what the best way forward is. The pipe diameter at the wall is 12cm, around 4.8 inch. The diameter of the cast iron pipe inside i think is around 9cm..

Should i get something like a multikwik MKEB and push this deep into the cast iron pipe, then attatch to this, or find something to fit the larger part of the pipe? Or is there something im missing?

Photos of the pipe attatched below..
http://i.imgur.com/hls6S.jpg

Sponsored Links
Ok, i've remeasured it, The outer edge of the pipe is 118mm, inside to inside, the inner pipe, inside to inside is 92mm as near as damn it.

I cut a sheet of paper, 92mm and 95mm wide, the 92mm rubbed the edges, 95mm was just too big.

Would this not mean the MKEB is the better fit for the inner pipe?

Thanks for helping.

it looks like 3.5" so you will need an Ext B multikwik then a straight multikwik to go on the bowl and into the extention, you can either fill the gap with silicone, plumbers mait or painters caulk to fill the hole but it doesnt need to seal anything, the other (better) way to do it is to cut the big faucet off and simply put the extention into the cut 3.5" pipe

Sponsored Links
Ok,
I got the MKEB which fitted perfectly and some plumbers mait. I'll wait until i get the toilet before buying the pan connector.

Thanks for the help.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back