Toilet seat near CU

And a light bulb you can't change without needing step ladders!

you fit those "pull down" lights that were popular a decade or so ago.. they are on a type of spring and can be height adjusted for over dinner tables..

then you give the homeowner a stick with a hook on..

Sponsored Links
And a light bulb you can't change without needing step ladders!

you fit those "pull down" lights that were popular a decade or so ago.. they are on a type of spring and can be height adjusted for over dinner tables..

then you give the homeowner a stick with a hook on..

Every fitting?? :eek: ;)

You mentioned the 'new height', just wondering where you read it and if it specifically mentions consumer units.

I really cant remember which is why I havn't posted the height! I read it somewhere, and it stuck in my mind for the assessment, but it has gone now! I am sure it was higher than the 1.2m though.

Sponsored Links
[you fit those "pull down" lights that were popular a decade or so ago...

For those of you too young to remember the correct nomenclature, they were called "rise & fall"... ;)

Decade?? They were popular in the 70's and early eighties... :oops:

I hope they were fashionable well into the 90's when we decorated

1673224507394.png

We're not all perfect like you!
I wish ;)

As I recently wrote, we've all "done it", and that most certainly includes me. However, that doesn't stop me 'making fun' of perpetrators, just as they make fun of me when I do it :)

Kind Regards, John

How does such an old thread come to the fore?
Was it searched for or just randomly displayed in the new posts list?

Hence why it is in your face when you are sat down :)
Who needs a smart meter when you can get a "regular update" of the kWh on your shart meter?

Regarding old threads, I'm sure the forum software will have a feature of putting a "Cobweb alert: this thread is X years old old" banner up if replying to a thread over a certain age..

Maybe the admin team can be approached about enabling it

Last edited:
Sometimes you do get that, but I didn't this time, hence cocking up.

Sometimes you do get that, but I didn't this time, hence cocking up.
Yes,it's odd. It seems that the (red, bold and unmissable) 'old thread warning' sometimes appears, but sometimes doesn't, when one attempts to reply to an ancient thread.

I've asked the mods to look into this.

Kind Regards, John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back