Toilet stuck down with silicone

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi..
I'm aware that this has come up in the past, just need some guidance.. Recently had a new bathroom put in. Plumber has siliconed the toilet to the ceramic tile floor and there is movement. He has also siliconed the basin to the wall.. I questioned this and he got a bit funny with me saying that if he were to use screws the tiles would crack. If this is so surely the screws attaching the radiator would've crack the tiles also?
Is it a major job to remove the toilet and drill the holes?
Any advice appreciated.

Sponsored Links
no

but you should have asked first BEFORE you let coco loose
crying-022.gif

The Plumber should have said that there are water pipes running beneath the WC, a much better excuse. :LOL:

I tend to screw WC Pans down and then apply a bead of clear silicone round the base.

Same with basins, screw and silicone, although a siliconed basin will be perfectly secure, it will be a pain to remove if it's stuck on with silcione, whereas a silicone bead around the outside can simply be cut off.

It's not a huge job to drill the floor, as mentioned, lazy plumber, a couple of hours Max.

thats what i thought.. joker electrician also vented the extractor into loft without any ducting going outside. all in all a bit of a nightmare. :cry:

Sponsored Links
thats what i thought.. joker electrician also vented the extractor into loft without any ducting going outside. all in all a bit of a nightmare. :cry:

Get that sorted quick or you'll have condensation problems.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back