Tony McNulty expenses

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Yet another money grabbing MP.... Employment Minister Tony McNulty claimed over £60,000 in expenses on a second home,,,where his "PARENTS" live,,,,, he didn't break any rules by doing this, but it's the principle. He claimed the money just because he could. Just another greedy swine in the long que at the trough.

Roughcaster.

Sponsored Links
Come the revolution comrade, he will first against the wall....pop..pop..pop!

Ok there are some other more deserving people in politics first :confused:

Whens this revolution going to happen then?? MPs etc should be paid a salary that covers their costs to do their jobs. Nothing more.

Sponsored Links
Yet another money grabbing MP.... Employment Minister Tony McNulty claimed over £60,000 in expenses on a second home,,,where his "PARENTS" live,,,,, he didn't break any rules by doing this, but it's the principle. He claimed the money just because he could. Just another greedy swine in the long que at the trough.

Roughcaster.

Many years ago, people in general (including MPs) not only looked at what was legal, but they also took into account whether it was morally right.

These days, I think it is a prerequisite that to be an MP you have to have that part of the brain removed that takes account of morals, honesty and integrity.

Not unlike solicitors...

What makes me laugh is how politicians are banging on about how Sir Fred's pension is a legal entitlement - but is morally wrong - while they all claim expenses and fiddle perks galore which may be legally right - but morally wrong.

Pot/kettle come to mind.

It's all out of the public purse isn't it? The same public purse that benefits are paid out of? Yet if some poor sod works a few hours while he claims benefit rather than lose his house he goes to prison. What's good for the goose.......

Roughcaster.

Many years ago, people in general (including MPs) not only looked at what was legal, but they also took into account whether it was morally right.

These days, I think it is a prerequisite that to be an MP you have to have that part of the brain removed that takes account of morals, honesty and integrity.

Not unlike solicitors...

I couldn't agree more John and Joe90,,, they have no shame nowadays. They take what they like from the public purse and say,,, as always,,, "i've not broken any rules". ****e.... The only time there's a stink, is when another greedy pig/s, gets more expenses/pensions than MP's get,,, people like failed top banking officials etc,, then,, all MP's, from Gordon Brown up,,,demand the money be repaid... Hypocrites!!!!!

Roughcaster.

McNulty and his kind should bear in mind what's happened in other countries where greedy and oppressive politicians have found their careers, and their lives, suddenly cut short.

Like McNulty, the Ceauşescus in Romania also claimed that they had done nothing wrong ...

I think it is outrageous that parents would charge their son £60k to stay a few nights. :eek:

I'm going to tell our kids that their keep is going up

Not unlike solicitors...[/quote]

When in that house MP's divide, if they've a brain and cerebellum too, they have to leave that brain outside, and vote just as their leaders tell'em to.

Gilbert And Sullivan, Iolanthe.. how true!

Wotan

MPs etc should be paid a salary that covers their costs to do their jobs. Nothing more.

The issue I've got with this is that it would push us back to the days of MPs being those rich enough to do it. If done properly (note the "If"), being an MP involves long hours and hard work. After a while, even those with principles may start to get disillusioned and disinterested in their vocation if they get a basic salary.

Reasonable expenses need to be covered, by which I don't mean a 4 week fact-finding trip to DisneyWorld or mortgage payments on a family member's house. No, but it IS necessary for the MP to learn about best practice, see how things are done elsewhere. Give them a photocard rail-pass (so only they can use it, not their families!) and a budget for taxis. That should be enough and would be greener than taking two Jaguars about the place.

Many MPs absolutely cane and abuse the expenses system. Working for a private company, I can't submit an expenses claim without receipts. Also, I must be able to justify any expense as wholly and solely incurred through doing my job. I.e. if I'm working away from home I can justify staying in a hotel, but I couldn't justify ordering a bottle of 1963 Bollinger to be delivered to my room.

This will be self-regulating though, remember what happened to the last Tory government after all the scandals and sleeze were brought to the public eye? :LOL:

Mp's free drinks at the bar in the House of Commons is costing over £2,000,000 per year and the taxpayers are paying for it, even mp's take home bottle of wine most night.

Will they close down the bars in the House of Commons as an example in the credit crunch?

They just don't care anymore

How many MP`s do we need now? the majority of the work is following orders from Europe.

Since when has it been acceptable that politicians be honest, morally accountable and altruistic?

They are paid to be pit bulls in a fight.

It is a thankless, sycophantic world in which they live. Slightly worse than being a Hollywood actor.

Never has it been more acceptable to be quite so narcissistic, when working under the scrutiny of the public eye. It is the capitalist ideal that you look after oneself - number one. Tread on anyone that gets under your feet.

Dipping your dirty fingers into the public purse is considered a gratuity and not a benefit, as far as politicians are concerned. They deserve it for heavens' sake!

You could not pay me a million quid a week to do their 5hitty job.

Anyone who is surprised by a politician's underhand behavior needs to wake up. They are not alone though when it comes to greed.

Anybody standing for election pledging to live on his salary (60odd thou a year), use the NHS and send their kids to local school would probably get 90% of the vote.

Sponsored Links
Back