Too Much ??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Too pricey?

I have a quote for a 2-storey side extension and single storey rear extension. This is just for a watertight shell,all drainage work and around 5 lintels (but no plumbing, wiring, floor or wall finishes). However the quote does include for 10 new windows and some chimney work (new flaunching, pots etc). Other than that, fairly basic stuff, bricks, blocks and joists etc.

The total floor area of the work is around 50 meters square.

I've not yet asked for it to be broken down, but would a price of £57K (figure includes the VAT) be slightly ott?

Any opinions welcome.

~Plasterboard~

Sponsored Links
Depends on a number of factors, location, difficulty, materials, quality, including planning/building regs, architects/engineers fees etc etc.. In the end your better off getting 3 or more quotes to get an idea of cost.

There is no cost for planning, architects, engineering calculations etc as these have already been done, including full plans approval by Regs.

So the £57K is simply the building work and materials.

Sponsored Links
i would have thought £36,000.00 plus vat is a more realistic quote, but as static has said, without seeing the job and weighing up the logistics, its hard to compare.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back