Toolstation ????

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,
Considering a move to Toolstation as manager or supervisor.
Anyone know what wages they offer ?????

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
cheers for the link big all, already visited the site but they don't show any wage for managers.
Breezer- Rang the recruitment line who said it would be discussed at the interview.
Managed to get an app form today in which you have to tell them your expected salary. hmmmmm

Just thought we might have some toolstaiton employees spotting around here.

I went to toolstation and the guy who was working there said he hated it, he was enrolling on the same plumbing course as I was on saying he had just had enough.

I think the was a manager too

As Manager you will take real ownership for your branch. Leading, motivating and driving your own dedicated team to achieve outstanding results.

You will bring
Experience running your own team. (An experience you can live without..)

Stock management skills with a keen eye for detail. (look out for members of your team buckling under the weight of their holdalls at 5pm)

A real passion to deliver strong customer service to your trade and DIY customers. ( Quell the desire to kill your customers.)

A leadership by example approach. (lots of unpaid overtime)

Store management....(shudders at the memories) .

Expect long hours, little thanks, being treated like carp by your customers,
the ever present Head Office looking over your shoulder, poor pay considering the 60 plus hours you will be doing a week.

Cheers for the comments and expectations guys.

Only posted a comment in reference to salary ?
As for retail management comments, been there done it as i spent 5 years as a manager at Toys R Us so i guess 60 hrs is a part timer manager as i was known to do a lot more, however i am a lot older and wiser so a good manager and his team should only work the hours of their contract otherwise they are doing something very wrong

5 years at Toys R Us??

60 hrs a week??????? Im not surprised youre a lot older. ;) :LOL:

Cheers for the comments and expectations guys.

Only posted a comment in reference to salary ?
As for retail management comments, been there done it as i spent 5 years as a manager at Toys R Us so i guess 60 hrs is a part timer manager as i was known to do a lot more, however i am a lot older and wiser so a good manager and his team should only work the hours of their contract otherwise they are doing something very wrong

If you are a manager of a Toys r Us then I suggest the wages at a Toolstation depot will be considerably less.

I knew a couple of guys who worked for TRU about 10yrs back, they were junior managers in a store and they worked so many hours over Xmas that it just wasn't funny. Both left shortly after Xmas.

Long story....... recession......redundancy........ now part time.....

No longer at TRU, That was over 10 years ago and xmas time was a 6 day week averaging 16 hrs a day, but i had signed a pre sunday trading contract so i got double time on sundays and all overtime whereas the other mgrs only got a basic 39hr week contract so you can guess who got all the sh!tty jobs

I am a manager and just about to resign from this ****ty company. Their entire ethos is based on mistrust of their employees. You are audited to death and this week I am required to discipline an employee who had the neck to buy something on his discount card and second sign the person who sold him the item. There were only two people working in the store at the time and he is a SUPERVISOR.
All the CSRs are not allowed to do many menial tasks (that involve money!!) because they aren't paid enough for the responsibility. A CSR is on 6.38 per hour whereas a keyholder (with most managerial responsibilities) is on 6.50 per hour. Jeeeeez, 12p an hour makes all the difference. Yes, buy stuff from them, it really is cheap and good value, but now you know why! Made in China, sold by prisoners.

You will bring
Experience running your own team. (An experience you can live without..)

Stock management skills with a keen eye for detail. (look out for members of your team buckling under the weight of their holdalls at 5pm)

A real passion to deliver strong customer service to your trade and DIY customers. ( Quell the desire to kill your customers.)

A leadership by example approach. (lots of unpaid overtime)

:LOL: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Back