TORQUE REQUIRED FOR PEUGEOT 308S HEAD BOLTS.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have searched the internet for Torque settings for my car and have not been able to locate the required information. The car is a Peugeot 308S 120. 1.6 16 valve petol. Year 2008 Hatchback. When I entered the information to search, all I got was mini, bmw 206 etc, etc. No precise information for my car. The Peugeot forums turned up nothing when searched and would not allow me to post a question untill I had made 5 posts! Can anyone please help? I have the new bolts and gasket and have fitted valve stem seals. I will be grateful for this information.
Thanks,
Chris.

Sponsored Links
If not found, there will be a standard setting according to the diameter of the studs or bolts. What is it?

Care needed with this one......the bolts are 'stretch' type and will have an initial torque setting then probably two further tightenings measured in degrees.
Unfortunately my membership to Autodata has long since expired but any garage will have the data you need - so if you know a friendly one, pop over with the price of a pint in your pocket?
John :)

John, do you know if the engine is used in other vehicles? maybe it can be looked up with a different reference?

Sponsored Links
For sure, this engine will appear in the other PSA cars, i.e the Citroen C4 and other Pugs.....unfortunately I only know the diesel model which is the infamous DV6 and appears literally all over the place.
For reasons unknown to me, the engine is designated P14 - even the diesel is a DV6 P14, whatever that means!

Certainly the bolt manufacturer - whoever that may be- would know full well the performance of the bolt before failure, but so much depends on the thread form and the metal it is fixing to that any tightening figure cant really be guessed.
The Autodata details I refer to are expensive - I used to buy the books at around £50 each - but literally everything you needed to know was covered. I’d guess its largely on line now but I cant see any garage not having them!

I've got a Haynes for a 206... smaller engine though.

If all else fails....

https://haynes.com/en-gb/peugeot/308/2007-2012

damn...
this free sample page doesn't have it!

Haynes-5561-page-3_0.jpg

Haynes-5561-page-1_0.jpg

Last edited:
Halfords stock Haynes manuals, my local has these in stock, it might be inappropriate for someone to enter a branch of said shop, remove the thin cellophane wrapping on a Haynes manual and have a browse through its contents.

public library often has them

no charge to read or borrow.

Hello, Thank you for your replies to my request. It would seem that buying head bolts is a lottery and the tourques vary from bolt to bolt. The whole system is designed to confuse and mislead. Forcing people to use expensive garage services who then have their own lottery as to how far they can strip the customer of money.

Sponsored Links
Back