Tracing a spur

Sponsored Links
It is possible that you have a radial circuit rather than a ring final circuit. (Most sparks now prefer radial circuits to ring final circuits.) A radial circuit in 2.5 mm² T+E cable will usually have a 20A MCB (or a 15A fuse) whereas a ring final circuit in the same cable will usually have a 32A MCB (or a 30A fuse). IF you have a radial circuit then there is no limit to the number of spurs off spurs you are allowed because they are actually branches.

What is the MCB or fuse rated at on the circuit in question?

I understand that 2.5mm twin and earth is rated at 26amps so how would you protect the cable in the case of the highlighted text please.

I understand that 2.5mm twin and earth is rated at 26amps so how would you protect the cable in the case of the highlighted text please.
Because a radial circuit in 2.5mm² is usually protected with a 20A CB.

Sponsored Links
Steveo - shall I highlight another bit of that quote for you?
It is possible that you have a radial circuit rather than a ring final circuit. (Most sparks now prefer radial circuits to ring final circuits.) A radial circuit in 2.5 mm² T+E cable will usually have a 20A MCB (or a 15A fuse) whereas a ring final circuit in the same cable will usually have a 32A MCB (or a 30A fuse). IF you have a radial circuit then there is no limit to the number of spurs off spurs you are allowed because they are actually branches.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back