Tracking and Steering Wheel

No sparkyfrog is right here Adam.

Apparently if you have new front/old rear the rear end can breakaway easier. The other way is supposed to be more predictable.

I agree with your thinking but I suppose they are trying to cater for poor drivers.

Could be worse though, they will probably say it is safer to replace all four one day!

Sponsored Links
Disc brakes are easier to service by the pros, amateurs can be in trouble with self adjusting handbrake set-up, at pad change. Probably more chance of one size fitting many at the manufacture stage.
ABS rear brakes operate on both rear wheels together in the case of drum brakes, each wheel separately with discs, the latter giving most benefit.
Anything at or above 3mm tread (1.6mm legal min) across full tyre width should give normal tyre performance, when vehicle correctly operated giving due regard to conditions.
Remember, it is the design of the tread which gives most assist, hence mud and snow (M&S) tyres ... This design 'self cleans' by use of the open patterned treading .. of course, this means less rubber on the road not so good at the limits in dry conditions ... hence the name M&S !!
Always brake front first, riding in straight line, on Mo-Bike ! Look at some old pix bigger drum brakes fitted to front, as said, front does virtually all the work ... That is where you learn real road-craft .. or get hurt !!

p

For David and Julie

I am in consultation with the trading standards regarding ATS. I sent them a letter of complaint, which they told me they were following up, but heard nothing since, I sent them another letter, informing them if I heard nothing within a week, I would be contacting trading standards. 3 weeks later still nothing, so will contact TS. Nissan sorted the tracking in 10mins, for £29, wheel now stright and OK.

Chris.....thanks for the reply,good luck with TS that what we pay council tax for.

BTW did Nissan say what was wrong?

Good Luck. Dave.

Sponsored Links
Call in ATess or Nissan ? Check the plugs old chap !!

Bet that was a shock when the old cowling departed ... Is that a line of weld exposed on starboard edge of engine pylon ?

Time for a triple scotch, as wife berates one for booking the window seat !!

airtranair2.jpg

Glad I did not take the pix !!
It is about aircraft losing engine covers in flight ... and wondering / hoping, that said covers have not knocked lumps out of the tail-plane !!
Or any poor bu qqer on the deck !!
Just imagine, there is no way of seeing the tail from anywhere on board !!
There was some murmurings about fitting small external cameras both above and beneath tail pointing for'ard to allow crew vision of engines, upper and lower surfaces ... Concorde story, just, and only 'just', may have been different.

P

Back