trainee plumber wanted in bristol

Sponsored Links
Alright Jimmy, my names Will i'm 18 and studying level 2 Diploma in plumbing at Filton College. Im more than half way through my course. I was wondering if you were still looking for a trainee plumber? I am looking to become a fully qualified plumber, and really want to start my onsite experience as soon as possible. Please give me a ring if interested 07804443938

Thanks Will.

Hi all
yes found someone in the end,about june time last year.
But i'm now looking again as he has decided he is going back to his old job as he can't earn enough plumbing as he is still training.i did explain to be patient and the money would go up as he gains more experiance.

cheers,jimmy

Jimmy are you still looking for someone I'm 22 hoping to start a plumbing course in September going to try to go straight to level 3 I've no plumbing qualifications but I spent about 3 and half years as groundworker so have done quite a bit of drainage and about 3 years plastering last 6 months working for a general builder doing bathrooms and kitchens so have picked up a bit more plumbing I have my own van and tools still getting plumbing tools up together let me know if you can help 07531490170 matt

Sponsored Links
I have recently had a conditional offer from OnSite Bristol to start a plumbing apprenticeship in september 2013, however this also means I still need to secure an employer in this trade.

If anyone is in a position to give me some on site experience specifically to plumbing it would be greatly appreciated, I am 23, have my CSCS card and have previously done a small amount of cash in hand labouring work, however I want to progress in the construction trades. you can reach me on 07549166489, or by email at
djhussey
AT
live.co.uk

Is there still a position up for grabs or does anyone know of any current plumbing positions in or around Bristol?

I am 22 and have both my level 2 and level 3 city and guilds certificates. I just lack the on site experience.

I drive so can commute.

Hi Jimmy,
I know its a long shot but I have written to every plumber in Bristol probs now:( I have just completed my college bassed level 2 city and guilds with glowing success.But cannot find any plumbers in the Bristol/Thornbury area willing to give a lad a break in completing my NVQ on site side of training I am willing to work whenever needed and for free I just need a plumber who needs a good lad who is hard working, honest,can do the bacics to a high standard and very willing to learn.So if anyone out there needs a hand please give me a call on 07876182303.
thanks Josh

I'd say that this jimmy guy is a scam of some sort - possibly some kind of "course" where jimmy scams the government allowance, and anything he can get the trainee to cough up.

No matter what, its so sad to see these desperate young guys risking posting personal details in a bid to get some work in.

Its interesting that none have returned from jimmyland with tales of skills and prospects.

Did you not read the mods post above?

What chance have you of getting free on site training if you can't follow basic written instructions? ;)
i did read just rather desperate to find some work been looking now for 6 months plus and not able to complete NVQ without.tried to change post but wont let me lol

Josh,

Dont sweat it mate, you took a chance, and thats good. Keep taking chances, blagging and showing determination - and remember that if it looks dodgy, it is dodgy.

Go to sites or offices and tell them "yeah, i can do that" dont mention steep learning curves, or gaps in the knowledge.

If you have a vehicle, go at 7:30am, tools in the boot, and keep going back - they will notice.

Talk to the guys going out on jobs, keep stopping by any small site where any building work is taking place - eventually, you'll hit lucky.

Once you are in, keep your mouth shut, and eyes wide open. Take "how it was done" notes at the end of the workday, list the fittings and tools used, memorise trade terms.

Practice skills at home, read every thread in sites like this.

I wish you all the best, make your own luck.

i did read just rather desperate to find some work been looking now for 6 months plus and not able to complete NVQ without.tried to change post but wont let me lol

You are looking for paid work it seems.

Why do you think anyone should pay you when a fully qualified person with years of experience is available?

Another aspect is that training you is training a local competitor!

T - he explicitly said he would work for free. Which is nice.

But, and I don't aim this specifically at Josh, btu merely for the benefit of his cohorts in similar positions; it takes time to show someone the ropes.

Time, effort, premature aging and moaning customers.

Several times today I have had to explain to a customer that their bill reflected the time it SHOULD have taken to do the job and not the time actually spent on site. On top of that I wasted easily half a day this week just farting around redoing/checking things an underling didn't get quite right.

Sadly my bank manager isn't going to give a rat's 'arris if I can't meet the mortgage payment this month.

That's right that Josh had said he will work for free but the other two recent posters were looking for an employer and a position.

With East European well experienced plumbers willing to work for min wage or less then that does not give much chance to Uk based trainees.

They must make it very clear that they want unpaid work experience! Phoning a firm and saying they want work does not make that clear.

Even so most firms would need to pay an extra £250 pa for proper insurance cover for them. I don't think signing an indemnity works either as its employer's liability insurance which is required by law and you cannot contract out of the law!

I had wondered about providing free B&B for an unpaid to help me but most of what I do is not applicable to their course.

But I could offer that in Warwickshire for a few days later in the year when I fit a heating system.

Not going to help them though because all most seem to want is just to cover their NVQ practical sign offs and not to actually learn much!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back