transco employment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Would like some advice on working for transco emergency engineer in london.
I was talking to one of their guys and he says he works 5 days on 5 days off for 35k . just wondering about if anyone has any experience with them apart from caping meters off, changing handles, meters, regulators etc what are the daily jobs and are you given a liost of jobs to do?

i would have thought since its emergency response within 4 hours that all the jobs are ad hoc and you could may even get only 2 requests during your shift on your patch.
would love some advice as sick of working in domestic council properties meeting same customers complaining about this and that and turning up to houses were theyve had no heating for weeks and i get an earful.

thanks lads

Sponsored Links
if you can live with the shifts go for it. good money if you put the hours in. ;)

They are now salaried and don`t get any extra for being on call or being called out and can be called in on rest day for no extra.
Shift patterns cover 8 am till 10pm and management can bring in any pattern they want without any way of refusing it
depending which area of the country it will be from about 32k ayear to about 36 k.
Usually one job at a time but can be told they will be in one street all day but be pulled if too many escapes are coming in.
The days off couple of jobs a day are long gone as meter exchanges are planned in ,in advance
Normal days work can be meter exchanges/fits, gas escapes external and internal, change main taps, re run internal supplies after meter reposition after leak, rechecks on already known about outside leaks.
Emergency response is 2 hour controlled leak and 1 hours for un controlled this is a transco(NG) spec as corgi allow a lot longer.

Edited to correct times

can get called in on rest day with no extra??? if thats the case who would work for them?

Sponsored Links
Well do you earn 35k at present for not a great deal of work with the possibilty off getting called in.
Or do you believe these guys get such a good wage for absolutley no hassle get real

management can bring in any pattern they want without any way of refusing it
More nonsense from the nonsense-meister.

Emergency response is 1 hour controlled leak and 2 hours for un controlled
Of all the things you write that don't make sense, this tops the lot.

Ok Softus what is nonsense about it.

Were you at the meeting for the Leicester area at the begining of the week or the Northants area yesterday .
The work force were handed a stagger rota with the comment this is your hours of work like it or lump it and it was as basic as that.

When they agreed to be salaried last year they gave up all rights to have a say.

And as for controlled and uncontrol that was a typo error it was other way about so you have me on that one . :rolleyes:

Were you at the meeting for the Leicester area at the begining of the week or the Northants area yesterday.
Don't be ridiculous.

The work force were handed a stagger rota with the comment this is your hours of work like it or lump it and it was as basic as that.
That's not the same thing at all as claiming that management can bring in any pattern they want without any way of refusing it.

Which one do you want to stick with?

When they agreed to be salaried last year they gave up all rights to have a say.
I see. And did they give up all statutory rights, which isn't possible, or waive some of their rights under the Working Hours Directive, which they are allowed to do?

Being specific and accurate prevents things from appearing to be nonsense.

Softas you know nothing of the agreement and have not got a clue what your talking about.
And yes it is the same thing .

I see yet again you have run to the mods to get posts altered if you are not man enough to take it why do you bother
you are a sad little man

you know nothing of the agreement
I know only to know that it can't override statutory rights.

have not got a clue what your talking about.
Boot on other foot error.

And yes it is the same thing.
To you, perhaps. In reality, it doesn't.

I see yet again you have run to the mods
Yet more nonsense.

I have had no communication with any moderator, or with Admin, regarding you or this topic.

You tend to find that when you sign a contract with your employer this is what you then work to not what softus thinks is right especially when he has not got a clue what the agreement is.

mockery-056.gif

You tend to find that when you sign a contract with your employer this is what you then work to
Indeed so, but every employment contract (in the UK) is subject to the provisions of The Employment Act.

YEAH i believe you have not run to a mod we know how you LIE regards that. Or is it a play on words and you are a mod.
You believe that I've reported your post(s) to a moderator.

You believe that I'm a moderator.

Funny how any comment about your boyfriend is removed straight away
You believe that I have a boyfriend, and that I've made a comment about him.

I think I'm actually starting to pity you.

Softus, do you think a multi national company such as NG would not be working within the employment act.?

Softus, do you think a multi national company such as NG would not be working within the employment act.?
namsag, do you think that you can hurl insults and false accusations in one moment, and in the next behave as though nothing happened?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back