Can I claim this back from Transco?

Gold star to sooey silver to chris . :LOL: Dates back to the days when gas meters where sized according to how many gas lights they could supply...

Sponsored Links
Then there is the pressure is far too high because i turned main tap on and it blows the water out out my gauge.
Reminds me of the very first time I ever called Transco out. The pressure at the gas meter was 26 mbar - ah, too high I thought. When the Transco guy arrived he found he had to teach me the difference between standing and working pressures! :oops:

I'm a bit surprised to learn that fluctuation working pressure would be regarded as more than NCS. I had one once, caused by water in the local supply pipes, and the Transco guy seemed quite put out that I'd called them out about it. "We get that a lot around here" he said, with a look that said "and no ones going to do anything about it in a hurry, so why bother us?"

Probably because you interupted him reading the paper ,water in the main although most of the time is not dangerous .
what can happen is say a few houses on that spur all turn heating cookers etc on the surge of gas creates a wave in the water and moves it along the pipe and find s a low spot (more so in plastic mains) this can more or less completely block the pipe so an appliance that is on may go off then come back on with not being light etc etc.

Thanks for explaining that, namsag. I see now that it can be potentially dangerous, so would that be classed as AR?

Sponsored Links
Personally i would go for ID and turn it off the book basically says you have to make your own call. between AR an ID..
The reason i would turn it off is if the pressure is jumping about that much something is clearly causing it and needs seeing to and if it is water which is the usual it can move at any time causing a dangerous situation.

Low pressure which is completly different from fluctuating pressure can be NCS providing the appliances in the house still work at there operating pressure with all appliances on,if they don`t it is then ID/AR

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back