transco

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i need some advice on doing landlord certificates. recently started doing a few privately. if i have to report to transco a missing ecv, low pressure at the meter etc etc ,i recieve a reference number ,is it my responsibility to check up later if the work has actually been carried out. tenants not staying in for transco etc etc. i guess all i can do is inform landlord immediately. phone him later to confirm tenant let tarnsco in. im asking because for two years i was breakdown engineer for council so all we did was call transco get reference number and inform supervisor . so id just like to know whats the procedure in the private sector. ? never thought about until i started doing private .thanks

Sponsored Links
if your having low pressure at the meter and the boilers undergased. then theres a problem. so its up to you were this lays as a risk.

call transco get reference number

you still do that.
getting the job number transfers the onus of responsibilty to tofo.

they usually respond within one hour, they are obliged to respond within two.

Your responsibility is to make safe and call TRANSCO. Job number is for your piece of mind.

Sponsored Links
so after ive got reference number do i need to inform landlord immediately so he can arrange access as im sure you know some tenants are awkard?im just confused as to if i have to chase up transco later on or is it now the responsibility of the landlord to ensure the work is completed by allowing transco in?i.e once ive informed transco , got ref number and told landlord am no longer responsible for the situation which i reported?

I think you'll find that once you've made safe (with their permission) and the gas is off, the tenant will be available to let TRANSCO in.

If they won't let you turn it off, get them to sign your warning notice saying they won't let you, then call TRANSCO. They have the legal power to break in if needed to make safe.

Never had this problem yet though. Usually the tenant/homeowner waits in.

I don't inform the landlord unless there is major work or repairs to be carried out.

The reference number is so that you can prove you've informed Transco, and possibly is their job ref number too. Unless you have MET1 then you can't work on meters apart from carrying out tightness test / cap off. Once you've informed Transco your jobs done, its up to them to sort. If the Transco bloke thinks its not his problem, they will inform the landlord who will no doubt get back onto you.
You don't need to check up if faults you've passed to Transco have been sorted, thats their problem. As for tenants going out, the vast majority if not all faults I've passed to Transco required a cap off and issuing of a warning notice, so If the tenant wants his / her gas back on in a hurry, they'll stay in and wait!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back