Can I claim this back from Transco?

Sealing discs, suitable for cutting off the supply, cost less than 40p including the rubber washer.
I take out as many as I put in, so the stock stays about constant!
8781.gif

Sponsored Links
This is really basic and as an industry it is embarrassing some of the answers that have been given especially what the first guy done.

At least once a week one of my transco mates gets a job for a passing main tap because gauge is slowly rising..... Blocked pressure nipple.

Then there is the pressure is far too high because i turned main tap on and it blows the water out out my gauge.
Some of the things they are called out for makes you wonder about the standard of exams and the standard of corgi

There is always a cap thingy in a gas meter cupboard

I have loads

also TOFO lads are not shy in coming forward if you ask for some I find

fine bunch of lads.

Sponsored Links
Used to laugh when working on rough estates and would get a knock on van window ."excuse me mate you haven`t got a tap washer this size have you" .They would then show you a meter washer.
Laugh at them and say leave your meter alone you will blow yourself up "AH right ok catch you later" as they wandered off

Used to laugh when working on rough estates and would get a knock on van window ."excuse me mate you haven`t got a tap washer this size have you" .They would then show you a meter washer.
Laugh at them and say leave your meter alone you will blow yourself up "AH right ok catch you later" as they wandered off

:)

Mine supply me with rubber washers, disc's, emergency labels, replacement catches and ecv handles and split pins, in fact anything I can think to ask for.

Most are a great bunch of lads ;)

Why bother nobody checks them and nothing is said if missing unlike leccy meters.

Question gold star for correct answer. Domestic meter washers come in 2 sizes 5 and 10. What do these sizes relate to.. F##k i`m sounding like gasguru. :LOL:

Not the seals, but whats to stop you adjusting them yourself then booking them in on the 21 day appointment.

Otherwise I just call them in as a pressure problem.

Agree to pay the cost of the gas safety record and no more....let him take you to the small claims court.

He's unaware of the correct procedures and ripping you off, all he had to do was seal the meter, issue the warning notice and get the job number and then go to the next job, he could then pop back to re-connect/check working pressures etc.

Any decent installer would recognise a new valued customer and not take the p*ss. Afterall he knows your're a landlord and there's everychance of getting the gas safety record the following years (that will take considerably less time).

I've had some pressure problems that involed half the local GT team and taken a week to resolve (100m new service req.) - now that would be a nice earner, sitting at the customers house drinking tea for a week. :D

Damn, he got in first. I knew that! Though exactly why it's 5 and 10 for 3/4 and 1,......?

Didn't know this though:
job for a passing main tap because gauge is slowly rising..... Blocked pressure nipple.

So I'll add it to the lessons!.
We DO teach to undo ecv union and direct test with fluid to confirm let-by.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back