Transexuality

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Yes she's a well known objectionists to trans gender, giving her opinion to a US comittee. She's written several books arguing aganist trans gender, over about 35 years. She's not likely to accept she was wrong by now.
Lost in Trans Nation, You're teaching my child what?, The wonder of becoming you, and Unprotected.

She's a bit of a lone voice within the medical society.

The book: The wonder of becoming you is of particular interest. It was her first book.
It discusses the experience of a Jewish girl growing up:
"More importantly, the author provides a fundamental spiritual perspective with an emphasis on modesty and how these changes prepare a maturing Jewish girl to her higher calling as a responsible adult and Jewish motherhood. "

This book provides an Old testament view.
"she quotes the Torah which happens to be the Old Testament Bible."

Do Jewish girls develop differently to other girls? :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Sorry Odds, I found another of her books:

The Black and White Puppy: A Story about the Biology of Love​

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
369464521_10231401755249416_4942501839897378487_n.jpg

This forum is messing with my mind.

I just saw a website that I thought was called Trans Parent. But it was Transparent.

DIYNot, what are you doing to my brain?!?!

Unfollowing this thread!

Sorry Odds, I found another of her books:

The Black and White Puppy: A Story about the Biology of Love​

Miriam Grossman is a physician, author, and public speaker. Before gender ideology was on anyone’s radar, she warned parents about its dangers in her 2009 book, You’re Teaching My Child WHAT?

Dr. Grossman graduated with honors from Bryn Mawr College and from New York University Medical School. She completed an internship in pediatrics at Beth Israel Hospital in New York City, and a residency in psychiatry at North Shore University Hospital – Cornell University Medical College, followed by a fellowship in child and adolescent psychiatry. Dr. Grossman is board certified in psychiatry and in the sub-specialty of child and adolescent psychiatry.

You’ve become a household name here at Hopkins psychiatry as the best contemporary example of a good doctor who notices what is happening around her and to her patients and strives to do something about it.

Paul McHugh, MD, Distinguished Professor of Psychiatry, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine

Miriam Grossman md.com

further information@Transgender Map.com

Her credentials are impeccable and the argument for treating this as a mental disorder compelling.

Miriam Grossman is a physician, author, and public speaker. Before gender ideology was on anyone’s radar, she warned parents about its dangers in her 2009 book, You’re Teaching My Child WHAT?
Yes, she's been a longtime activist agaisnt trans gender. But I wouldn't say she's been an activist for 15 years, more like double that, at 35 years at least, since the writing of her first book, "The Wonder of Becoming You", all about the morals and values a Jewish girl should adopt, according to the Old Testament.
"Psychiatrist fighting gender ideology for 15 years. When biology is denied, a price is paid."

You don't see the hypochrisy in her book?
She is complaining about the education given to children by the average run-of-the-mill USA school, while at the same time preaching her Old Testament (The Thora¹) morals and values to Jewish girls.
I do hope she isn't expecting men to accept their widowed sister-in-laws as an additional wife into their harem, or for men to have several wives, or for a man to lay with his brother's wife, etc... And denying the validity of homosexuality, despite the LGBTQ ranking of her uni. (discussed later). Or for women to be quietly submissive to men. (A woman should learn in quietness and full submission. I do not permit a woman to teach or to assume authority over a man; she must be quiet” (1 Timothy 2:11–12))
Well, Dr Mirriam Grossman doesn't apply the principle of not teaching for herself, or is it only about not teaching to men?
And of course the Old Testament glorifies genocide.

"Political conservatives often claim to base their value system on Christianity and biblically sound doctrine."

¹ "The Torah is the compilation of the first five books of the Hebrew Bible, namely the books of Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers and Deuteronomy. It is known as the Pentateuch or the Five Books of Moses by Christians. It is also known as the Written Torah in Jewish tradition."

Dr. Grossman graduated with honors from Bryn Mawr College
Ah, Bryn Mawr College?
A mainly Girls College, (96% girls) which holds the highest ranking for LGBTQ accomodation in USA. A ranking highly criticised by others for its methodolgy.
"According to The Princeton Review’s annual ranking of college campuses, released this month, Bryn Mawr College, situated at the Western cap of Philadelphia’s Main Line, earned its spot at the top of LGBTQ-friendly schools in the United States.
Krivitsky, who is gay, said she chose Bryn Mawr, in part, to find a like-minded community.
“It was definitely the first time in my life I had so many gay friends, trans friends, which is unique. …It’s definitely a place where you feel somewhat safer to explore certain things and be more open just because of how many students there are around you who are also openly LGBT,” said Krivitsky."

They do say that student's days at Uni are some of the most formative years for an adult's ideological world views. I wonder what her Uni days were like, surrounded by "so many gay friends, trans friends". "It’s definitely a place where you feel somewhat safer to explore certain things and be more open just because of how many students there are around you who are also openly LGBT"?

and from New York University Medical School. She completed an internship in pediatrics at Beth Israel Hospital in New York City, and a residency in psychiatry at North Shore University Hospital – Cornell University Medical College, followed by a fellowship in child and adolescent psychiatry. Dr. Grossman is board certified in psychiatry and in the sub-specialty of child and adolescent psychiatry.

You’ve become a household name here at Hopkins psychiatry as the best contemporary example of a good doctor who notices what is happening around her and to her patients and strives to do something about it.

Paul McHugh, MD, Distinguished Professor of Psychiatry, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine

Miriam Grossman md.com

further information@Transgender Map.com

Her credentials are impeccable and the argument for treating this as a mental disorder compelling.
Beth Israel Hospital in New York City,

North Shore University Hospital, It is a primary teaching hospital for the Zucker School of Medicine (along with Long Island Jewish Medical Center)

Are we surprised that the preaching of the Old Testament values and morals of Jewish girls should be highly valued and rewarded by the Jewish diaspora in USA (both Orthodox and non-Orthodox)?

Of course they are, according to the Dr Mirriam Grossman website. We wouldn't expect any thing less.
When one feels the need to justify one's world views with one's self-professed grandiosement, then the world views may be fallible.
Her mission did not start 15 yearts ago, in 2006, it started 35 years ago in 1988, 14 years after leaving Bryn Mawr College.
"Miriam Grossman is an American psychiatrist and anti-transgender activist.
Grossman’s core client base is parents who are anxious or upset about their child’s gender identity and expression. (NB not the child)
Grossman has also become a favored source for conservative and fascist media outlets critical of sex and gender minorities"

One of her books as a transgender activist was writen anonymously:
"Anti-transgender activism
Grossman’s 2007 book Unprotected: A Campus Psychiatrist Reveals How Political Correctness in Her Profession Endangers Every Student came out under the pseudonym “Anonymous, M.D."

Finally, it isn't the desire to be a trans gender per se that creates the emotionl stress, it's the conflict of what society expects and what one feels.

Last edited:
That'll be why bloom doesn't like her.
Can we skip the pathetic personal attacks? It's not conducive to honest intelligent debate.
I expect it from the likes of gant, nwgs and give up. They're giving it their best shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back