Transferring files to Thecus NAS

Min

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks

Does anyone know how to do transfer files in a bulk way onto a Thecus NAS, rather than by one by one?

I am running XP on my laptop which is connected via my LAN to the NAS.

At the moment I access the NAS via a browser and can only upload one file at a time. Obviously this is ridiculously time consuming.

Any ideas?

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
what is a Thecus NAS?

i often create backups on memory sticks (doing one now)

if i want to copy more than one file i just right click and says send to (external device)

i also found i can have several running at once, but obviously you can only shove so much data down a USB2 cable so they all slow down and get faster the more finish

Can you access the device as if it was a folder, ie: do a drag n drop? If not you can probably add it as a shared folder.

I'm thinking you should be able to map it as a network drive, then as Deluks says, (providing you have the correct permissions) copy over using windows explorer.

Sponsored Links
Hi Breezer

NAS = Network Attached Storage.
Thecus is the make.

It's just a storage box that we thought we'd store music, photos, DVDs etc on.

You can only access via browser on pc, and cannot it doesn't have 'Send to' as an option when you right click on files.

It's connected via ethernet (not USB2), if that makes any difference

Can you provide more details on the NAS? In the help files/literature, is there an address you can type in i.e. for my buffalo linkstation it is
\\hd-hlan328\share (yours won't be the same but should be in the same format)? If so go to My computer, tools, map network drive, select a letter and where it says folder, enter the address. Tick reconnect at logon if you wish and click finish.

Yes, post the model number of the drive. You can usually access these devices by a share name or ipaddress.

Igorian, Spark123, Deluks

Magic, thanks guys.

Mapped a network drive and now able to copy over folders, and multiple files in an instant.

Btw, found device address in 'Browse' on Network Drive dialog box.

You're geniuses!

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Back