Transit Connect mileage concern

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys, Im looking at buying a Transit Connect LX 200TDCI for work. My concern is the 138k miles. Full service history with new oil and filter every 10k. also had new cam belt within last year.
How good are these engines and am i likely to get a few good years out of it?
I cover 8k local miles annually.
Thanks

Sponsored Links
The engine should be in good health overall - but of course the transmission / clutch / suspension et al have endured the same mileage.
Personally I'd be looking for fewer miles, but thats just me!
John :)

Most diesel engines are good for high mileages if they have had regular oil changes, I have a 406 and C5 with 420,000 miles between them, if looked after they will usually do 3-400,000 miles, very few are scrapped for engine failure - unless the cam belt breaks of course.

Peter

Can be difficult to decide as high miles usually isnt a problem but the ford engines do tend to suffer with injector and pump issues which would be my only concern. If it has been well looked after though it may be worth considering.
I bought a transporter with 130k on it and it now has 170k on it, its still running well but the gearbox is just starting to make a noise.

Sponsored Links
If the price reflects the high mileage and the warranty is a good stretch (extend it if you can) I'd say chance it.
But make sure he known the mileage is higher than you'd like.

Is the book stamped up proper?
You actually saw the service book?

Can be difficult to decide as high miles usually isnt a problem but the ford engines do tend to suffer with injector and pump issues which would be my only concern. If it has been well looked after though it may be worth considering.
I bought a transporter with 130k on it and it now has 170k on it, its still running well but the gearbox is just starting to make a noise.

I think the TDCI engine is the same or very similar to the PSA engines, they seem to be a bit more complicated for some reason but I would have thought they should last.

Peter

Back