Transit tipper door mirror

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A new one on me, this.....to replace a door mirror on the aforementioned vehicle isn't as quick or as easy as expected.
The mirror is fixed from the outside of the door, but retained with 3 shear bolts :eek:
The plastic outer case has to be smashed away to access them - one bolt remainder I could tap round with a sharp chisel, the other two I had to MIG a piece of square bar onto the stub and turn that.....
Great :confused:
John :)

Sponsored Links
Why on earth would Ford do that?
Is it to make the mirror break away in a collision?

I can only assume that people are nicking them, Dave.....the original bolts are 6mm and the heads shear off when you tighten them.
I've replaced the bolts with Allen screws so if it gets nicked, tough!

Just Ford being Ford, the newer Fiestas have 2 screws holding the rear light cluster in nice and accessible when you open the rear hatch like the Focus, the only difference is there's also a black plastic thumbscrew screwed into the centre of the clusters hidden in behind the boot trim.

I'm sure the designers think up little things just to make the mechanics life harder (like making a bolt 2mm longer than it needs to be just so you have to remove 10 other components to get it out) then they all go down the pub and have a good laugh about it over a beer.

Sponsored Links
Simple! That's to ensure you crack the bloody thing getting it out :eek:
Wondering if the Fiesta bonnet pull is still made of plasticene ......'I'll just top up your window washer bottle missus' CRACK! Oh sheet :(

Back