Trianco activair?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Firstly, I hope everyone had a very merry christmas! I was a little busy with ACS reassessment just before so couldn't say it then.

Anyway, has anyone had any experience with the Trianco Activair heat pumps?

http://www.trianco.co.uk/activair.cfm

Once our Sonya Duvall guarantee expires I will be replacing it and am contemplating incorporating one of these into the system.

Your thoughts on these is much appreciated, any pitfalls I should look out for?

Oh, and I hope we all have an extremely profitable 2008 :D

Al

Sponsored Links
Cheers B

Interesting reading, I will have to do the math regarding the electrical running costs, see if it's going to be beneficial.

Al

I'm also considering an unvented cylinder in the roofspace, as I don't deal with these yet (haven't yet got the required ACS) can anyone point me in the right directions regarding the regs for siting it in the roofspace please?

Cheers

Al

Sponsored Links
In terms of cost then a gas boiler will win every time though I'm not sure just how it would compare to oil or LPG. When put up against a straight forward electric immersion heater then the heat pump is the clear winner.. So if you were currently all electric, then go for the heatpump. I guess it is swings and roundabouts against solar, the heatpump is less weather sensitive but solar will perform in good weather and be cheaper when the weather is right.

R407 refrigerant used does suggest an older design.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back