1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

Trianco TRO 15/19 MK3

Discussion in 'Plumbing and Central Heating' started by Louis McCarthy, 6 Mar 2021.

1. Louis McCarthy

Louis McCarthy

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Hello there,
    Thanks for reading this - As the title suggests, I have a Trianco TRO 15/19 oil fired boiler, which has currently stopped working. The boiler has come to a complete stop, normally there is a green light to indicate mains supply and then when I switch the programmer to turn on heating the burner would engage, however at the moment there are no lights, I have checked the mains plug fuse and the 5amp fuse in the boiler they are fine, ive also checked that i am getting 240 into the control box but i do not understand why the lights are not comming on or why the boilder is not responding to the programmer.

I know the boiler works as it was on this moring until a thermostat was lowered down and the problem has occurred since.

Anyone have any ideas ? Thanks in anticipation.

Boilder - Trinaco 15/19 MK3
    Programmer - Honeywell ST699
    Thermostat - Honeywell

2. Terrywookfit

Terrywookfit

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Has the High limit stat tripped ?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Sponsored Links
  4. Louis McCarthy

Louis McCarthy

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    The limtstat had not tripped, however slight progression if I select “hot water” on the programmer the boiler fires up until the thermostat temperature is reached. But still nothing on the heating settings

5. Terrywookfit

Terrywookfit

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Is room stat set high enough for a demand.
    Is heating valve opening ?
    Does pump run. Is system fully pumped or Gravity Hot water ??

6. Sponsored Links
  7. oilhead

oilhead

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Can you give some detail as to the system? i.e. fully pumped, Y plan, S plan, Gravity HW?
    When you talk about the control box, is this the control box on the burner or the wiring centre in the boiler? I presume the thermostat to which you refer is the boiler thermostat.
    Have you checked to make sure the pump is operating? If gravity HW and pumped heating, then the boiler will reach temperature and cut out if the radiators are not being fed.