Triton electric shower 8.5kw or higher

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Just a quick question, I want to replace my electric shower but I just wanted to know what would the difference be from a 8.5 kw or 9.5 or higher.

Does it produce more heat? Is the pressure out put increased the higher wattage you go?

Any info greatfully recieved

Thanks in advance

Cheers

Simon

Sponsored Links
firstly the size of existing cable is an issue.you may not be able to upgrade shower without upgrading cable.

I have a 9.5kw shower currnetly so I just wondered if I chose the 8.5kw which is cheaper what difference would I notice in heat or pressure?

The electrician said the the cable is okay for either?

thanks for your reply though

Cheers

Simon

Basically the higher the kw the more water can flow through it for the same temperature output, so for an 8.5kw the flow needs to be slower than that of a 9.5kw to get the same temperature.

Sponsored Links
If you already have a 9.5 KW shower & are reducing down to an 8.5 you should be o.k with your existing cable which should be 10mm,although why you would reduce to a lower output is beyond me. The price isn`t that different.

Thanks for your replies, . I think I will go with the Triton T80xr 9.5kw to keep the same output.

Your right the price isn't that much difference. what is the pressure like out of the head?

Thanks for your replies, I now know the difference.

Cheers

Simon

I`ve no idea, probably much the same as the one you have already. Let me know when it`s installed.

Hopefully picking the shower up tomorrow and the electrian coming the next day so I'll connect the water supply ready for him.

I'll post back on it's performance for you!

Cheers

Simon

The difference isnt a great deal, enough to notice but not enough to impress you. Chance are though that your old shower is probably furred a bit and not giving you the performance it once did. In this case, you will probably think you are getting a big improvement.

Either way it is a win win situation.

Bamber gaspipe said:
Fabulous....I`ll be in about 5.30......
Get the ring ready..........I`m ready to drop my hat :LOL: I`ll pencil you in in my diary

The difference is obviously 8.5/9.5 which is a reduction of about 10% .

That may not be much of a problem in the summer but when the incoming water gets colder that will be noticeable.

Its probably too late now but I would say that 9.5 should have been the size to buy.

Since I have a long running dispute with Triton following the failure of one of their pumps they are not a brand that I would ever recommend.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back