Triton Opal 3 Electric shower fault

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, Ive had the Triton Opal 3 Electric shower for about 4 years now.
All been fine, but we have noticed that when the weather is warm and presumably the incoming water temperature is a bit warmer, the shower is too hot even with the control on minimum.

By pressing the top button (2 red symbols ), which I think switches the heating elements from max to low it is naturally colder, then when adjusting the control to hotter, the flow is very poor.
We do not get a low pressure warning at all.

Has anyone come across this issue, before I go doing the obvious like descaling the head etc.

I do have a brand new identical shower still in the box and I'll change it if I need to, but would prefer to repair if possible.

When the weather and incoming water gets cooler, it appears to work normally.

Thanks

Mucky

Sponsored Links
are you saying when both elements are on and the dial for flow turned fully ANTI clockwise ,it is still too hot ?

Hi, Ive had the Triton Opal 3 Electric shower for about 4 years now.
All been fine, but we have noticed that when the weather is warm and presumably the incoming water temperature is a bit warmer, the shower is too hot even with the control on minimum.

By pressing the top button (2 red symbols ), which I think switches the heating elements from max to low it is naturally colder, then when adjusting the control to hotter, the flow is very poor.
We do not get a low pressure warning at all.

That's the nature of the beast. There's two elements in the shower, but depending on what setting you have it on either one or both are turned on at full power. If the high setting is too hot, but the medium setting is too cold, you have to put up with reduced flow rate so that the water can be heated to a higher temperature.

Sponsored Links
Hi, Yes that is the case.
Then you have to put it on the lower setting and put up with the poor flow rate. An 8.5kW shower in the summer is generally too hot because the incoming water temperature is sufficiently higher.

it seems to me that your flow rate thru the shower is less than it should be. by the way what kW rating is your shower ,I think that model is done in 3 different 9.5 /8.5 and 10.5. and they require different flow rates to achieve optimum performance levels. have you at any time changed the hose or shower head ,from the originals supplied with the shower ? you may have a partially blocked filter or shower head.with both elements on and full flow rate you should not get excessively hot temperature ,even in the current weather.

Hi, the shower head is the original. Strangely it doesn't have any means to open it for cleaning. So I replaced it yesterday with the brand new one from the spare shower I have.
It's fixed it. So the conclusion is the flow through the head must be restricted.
Still can't figure out how to open the original head without breaking it.
New one has a button on the side to open it.
So it seems ok, many thanks for your suggestions guys. Much appreciated.
Rich

glad your sorted rich , by the way it is good practice to only use the hose and head that the maker of the shower will supply for their particular model.the internal diameter of the hose as well as the shower head can alter the flow rate,and affect the performance of the shower . thanks for letting us know how you got on. regards terry.

Yes luckily the head I'm using now is from the same Triton shower, all be it slightly newer one.
Thanks again
Rich

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back