triton osiris shower cutting out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Suit yourself.

Might as well save yourself money by cancelling your insurance policies - they won't pay out anyway :p

Sponsored Links
]what the hell are you people talking about,
Which bits didn't you understand?

ive never heard so much s***te in my life
Are you sure that it's not the other way around? i.e. you've spent your life surrounded by people who don't have a clue, and your standards have become distorted?

theres nothing wrong with the existing cable,new cable or shower or switch,its all been checked by a engineer and its top notch
So you originally had a 16A circuit, going through a switch, to supply a heater, and somehow the same circuit, and same switch, are also OK for 40A?

How come?

yep local authority informed
So before you did any work to install this shower, add cables, replace MCBs etc, you applied for Building Regulations approval, which would probably have cost more than the shower itself?

To do that you would have had to tell them how you would ensure that your work would comply with the Building Regulations. So regarding Part P of those, what did you tell them?

And when they came and inspected your work, what did they say about it?

40 A shower.

do you really expect us to believe that your bathroom storage heater was wired in 10.0 mm cable?

2.5 maximum i bet.

you ask for advice, get excellent advice, and won't take it.
do you know how cable size is actually measured?

is that isolator switch rated at 45/50 A?
i very much doubt it.
13 or 20 A probably?

so are you sure everything is ok then?

is your shower protected by an RCD?

many off-peak installations won't be.

do you care if this shower installation is safe?

don't you accept advice?

are you reasonably intelligent?

do you know what the point of this forum is?

well thankyou for concerns over me dying,due to fire,i think ill give steven speilberg a ring,maybee he would like to make a movie out of it,i mean,jeez..
my brother is a domestic elec engineer he was working at the time and couldnt come until i did the work,im only a lowly chem engineer,so what would i know or care about econ 7 eh.
i came on this forum just on the off chance i would get some decent advice,how bloody wrong i was.
just goes to show cowboys still exist in cyber land!!

you are a chem engineer.

as well.

WHAT COWBOYS?

Sponsored Links
i came on this forum just on the off chance i would get some decent advice,how bloody wrong i was.
just goes to show cowboys still exist in cyber land!!

You were given decent advice.

the second has no power,well it didnt for a couple of days,then power was mysteriously renewed,without me doing anything,im stummped as nothing has tripped out

If it was mysterious to you then it proves you do not have the knowledge to perform the most simple fault finding tasks. Which also means you do not have the knowledge to judge whether advice is decent or not.

And I thought the buzzard population was re-establishing itself...

Buzzard, if you informed your local authority, THEY would have sent someone to inspect your work.

Your "brother" on the other hand, clearly dont know his arse from his elbow.

And you havent got an RCD, AFAICT.

"i installed an rcb on the shower switch" (i think you said) :eek: That sounds so wrong on many many levels.

"i didnt know i had economy 7" :eek:

<speechless>

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back