trojan help!!!

nee

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi....
ive somehow managed to get this
irc/backdoor.sdbot.27q
AVG picks up on it but wont get rid of it when i do a scan.
Ive got all the updates from AVG.....also ive run adaware.....and spysweeper. Ive also tried running spysweeper in safe mode as suggested somewhere on the net....but no go. How can i get rid of it?
Any ideas?
Thanks
Neil

Sponsored Links
you could try a "search" on your pc for that file, find and delete it

I know you are not using Norton, but various flavours of backdoor.sdbot are covered on the symantec site:

Click Here

Incidently, what message did AVG give? Did it not give you the option to delete/quarantine the files?

Sponsored Links
Igorian said:
I know you are not using Norton, but various flavours of backdoor.sdbot are covered on the symantec site:

Click Here

Incidently, what message did AVG give? Did it not give you the option to delete/quarantine the files?
ok firstly i click on the link and its saying 'the page cannot be displayed' etc ....odd!
AVG just said its found the trojan and to run avg anti virus....which then doesnt find it.
Any idea why i cant view the link?

Igorian said:
Not sure I understand that. AVG finds it, then tells you to run AVG, which then can't find it?
tell me about it!
AVG runs in the background all the time...and warns of virus's etc.....it tells me to run the scan to get rid of it...then dont find it.
The link still aint working which is real strange.....ive tried it (quickly) with my firewall off to see if ive set something in there....still no go.
Even tried using Mozilla instead of Internet Explorer...that didnt work either.
Anyone help??!!

I've asked a mate to try the link and he says it works ok. However, you have a trojen, so it's possible that you've received a denial of service attack. You could try going to the Symantec home page to confirm that you can access their site.

If you are still having problems, then give me your email address and i'll send you the text from the page.

I would also suggest you buy another virus scanner

hmmmm....i cant seem to view anything like www.symantec.com / uk etc
i can view this though..
http://www.sarc.com/
there is no private message thing here is there?...im a bit worried about posting my email address on a forum :cry:

so if i cant view any symantec sites, is it going to stop me viewing others as well?
Do the sites know i have a virus or something? Sorry...i dont really know how these things work :(

Its very hard to get rid of a virus once it is on your system,set your anti virus program to deny acess to infected file,also put up a firewall,for the virus you have i wuold re-install my software as trojans record all your key strokes and they can get bank details etc,

aussie1 said:
Its very hard to get rid of a virus once it is on your system,set your anti virus program to deny acess to infected file,also put up a firewall,for the virus you have i wuold re-install my software as trojans record all your key strokes and they can get bank details etc,

While I would agree that prevention is better than cure, it shouldn't be necessary to re-install. A virus scanner is only up to date for a point in time, ie, until a new virus is created, so they would be pretty much useless if they could not remove an infestation and you had to re-install every time. As to storing bank details on your average Internet connected PC, I would recommend not doing so for the same reason.

Sponsored Links
Back