trojan horse infection

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi can anyone please tell me how do i get rid of the trojan horse infection i have A V G installed and it is telling me i am protected but i keep getting an alert from A V G telling me i have a threat on 2 files but after pressing the remove button it came back telling me some files cannot be deleted so what can i do HELP

mick

Sponsored Links
Trojans are really Malware and so not always in the remit of antivirus software.

Download MalwareBytes' AntiMalware using the BLUE button for the FREE version.

* Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
* At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to the following:

o Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
o Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware

* Then click Finish

If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.

* Once the program has loaded, select > Perform Quick Scan, then click > Scan.
* When the scan is complete, click > OK, then > Show Results to view the results.
* Be sure that everything is checked, and click > Remove Selected.
* When completed, a log will open in Notepad. Save this log to My Documents in case it is needed for reference.
Reboot as required.

Run a scan with the program that found the virus/trojan and report back.

It could be nothing.

The latest updates of AVG are giving all sorts of false warnings. Go to the AVG site and have a look at the forums to see if anyone else has the same problem.

Sponsored Links
Make sure its definitely not an infection, better safe than sorry. You'd be better off posting the MBAM log on here if it finds anything. Its worth running HiJackThis to and posting its log here as well.

Also if there is no infection I'd think about getting rid of AVG its rather rubbish since 7.5.

Back