trv on all radiators?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
After having my central heating fitted the plumber said the first radiator from the boiler which happens to be the bathroom should not have a trv fitted like the other radiators and the valve should be left fully open at all times. Does anyone know if this is correct? It seems a shame that the room used the least is the one that cannot be temperature controlled. Thank you.

Sponsored Links
Thought it was usually the last radiator in the run not the first as you normally have the lockshield fully open. I swapped out the TRV's in another room which I always want warm when the heating is on.

Sponsored Links
normally one rad must be left open, reason why is if all trvs where to shut, there must be a path for the water to flow.

henced why an automatic bypass should be used.then you can have a trv on the rad.

usually the bathroom as the little lady will cover it with towels ;)

so you don't cook :LOL:

Very typical of my Wife :LOL:

I had to ask the plumber to remove the TRV from our bathroom rad as I was having a new rad in a small bedroom and hadn't bought a TRV (d'oh). However, I really don't know which is the first radiator from the boiler :eek:

Is there any way to tell?

normally one rad must be left open, reason why is if all trvs where to shut, there must be a path for the water to flow.
Thanks for the reply. So you're saying I could have a trv put on the bathroom but leave the living room valve open always?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back