TRV Question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I recently had a faulty TRV on a radiator, the valve would not turn down and the rad was on full regardless of the setting on the valve. As i have BG homecare and this fault was covered, they came on Monday when I was at work and appear to have changed just the TRV head. The original was a Drayton, the new one states British Gas on the top, not sure what make it is. However now the rad only gets luke warm when the valve is set on max (6). Can the valves be adjusted/calibrated? Or does the whole valve need replacing and not just the head? The pin does move but appears stiff.
I know I need to get BG to come back but I will not be able to provide access for several weeks until one of us is off work again, so just wondering if there is a way of easily adjustmenting these valves to function correctly? Or if I bought a new Drayton valve, the same type, can I just swap the head and will this work correctly?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back