TRV

A conventional heating system I.e. One that uses hydro carbon fuel e.g. Gas, oil, coal will run at 80 flow temp to maintain a temp of 21 c in a sitting room at a temp of minus 5 outside, 50 degree temp on a normal radiator circuit will fail to meet those demands.

Sponsored Links
I can make the UK a zero carbon country, turn off your heating!

Sponsored Links
Why don't you ask the mods for your permission to speak further? 😏

So any adivice for to the original post or are you some kind of mod?

Sorry original poster, there are a lot of self proclaimed experts on here, maybe I was a little hasty to condem your system but I and others require more facts before offering our further adivice.

Is your system only air source? Do you get your heating and hot water from that source? What are the main problems with your heating? E.g. It doesn't get warm enough? How new is your property?

Is your system only air source? Do you get your heating and hot water from that source? What are the main problems with your heating? E.g. It doesn't get warm enough? How new is your property?

Thanks for your replies. It's an exhaust air heat pump with a 3kw immersion heater. I get my hot water and heating from this source. The place doesn't warm up. I've been told the temperature in the hallway (which is where the wall thermostat is), won't go above 24 degrees. I've ended up using 787kwh in 32 days. I wasn't even in for about 6 of those days. I live alone and don't leave things on standby or anything on when it doesn't need to be. I'm out for 12 hours a day. The property was built in 2012 as far as I can tell. I'm renting, so I haven't been giving all the building documentation. I'm the first person to occupy the apartment though. There are plenty of vacant apartments in my block. People don't seem to want to buy them or rent them...

Just checked the exhaust air heat pump commissioning checklist. Under Central heating mode, it says heating flow temp is 50c and heating return temp is 45c.

Maximum primary flow temp is 50c. Incoming static cold water pressure at the inlet to the system is 1.0bar (is that indicated on the pressure gauge?), hot water thermostat set temp is 50c, maximum hot water flow rate at set thermostat temp (measured at high flow outlet) is 12 l/min, hot water temp at the nearest outlet is 48c. The pressure reducing valve is in the heat pump and is set at 3 bar.

Why do you want to get the hall above 24?

There were a lot of new developments thrown up that were poorly designed. . While estates where the heat pump was not appropriate for the buildings giving the residents mental electric bills whilst still being cold.

Get your land lord on the case if you cannot sort it yourself.

Why do you want to get the hall above 24?

There were a lot of new developments thrown up that were poorly designed. . While estates where the heat pump was not appropriate for the buildings giving the residents mental electric bills whilst still being cold.
the guy in tech support at NIBE said I can get all my other rooms warmer if I turn the wall thermostat in hallway all the way up and turn each room thermostat to a lower setting. He said the thermostat switches the heating on and off. All of the doors, including my front door, have gaps underneath them. According to the NIBE booklet, the internal doors have a gap for a reason. The hallway sensor is right next to the front door - don't know if that makes any difference whatsoever.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back