TRV

Get your land lord on the case if you cannot sort it yourself.
Landlord and the caretaker have been round. They don't see anything wrong. I asked them to bring a thermometer round if they had one to check the temp. They didn't do that. Instead on friday, the caretaker told me they went to an unoccupied flat down the hallway, turned the wall thermostat to 21c and then measured the temperature in the living room area using a thermometer they bought. The temp in that area was 19c. I said "why don't you come to check the temp in mine with your thermometer?" I mentioned seeking legal advice a few days before. He said he couldn't say any more and that he told the gaffa about my "taking legal action". The gaffa's response was that he's happy for me to do that and "we'll enjoy it."

Sponsored Links
Get your land lord on the case if you cannot sort it yourself.
Landlord and the caretaker have been round. They don't see anything wrong. I asked them to bring a thermometer round if they had one to check the temp. They didn't do that. Instead on friday, the caretaker told me they went to an unoccupied flat down the hallway, turned the wall thermostat to 21c and then measured the temperature in the living room area using a thermometer they bought. The temp in that area was 19c. I said "why don't you come to check the temp in mine with your thermometer?" I mentioned seeking legal advice a few days before. He said he couldn't say any more and that he told the gaffa about my "taking legal action". The gaffa's response was that he's happy for me to do that and "we'll enjoy it."

http://www.thetenantsvoice.co.uk/advice_from_us/heating-and-hot-water/[/url]

A conventional heating system I.e. One that uses hydro carbon fuel e.g. Gas, oil, coal will run at 80 flow temp to maintain a temp of 21 c in a sitting room at a temp of minus 5 outside, 50 degree temp on a normal radiator circuit will fail to meet those demands.
That might have been true in the past when houses were uninsulated.

My house (4 bed detached) is well insulated so I only need 7.2kW for 20C when it is -5C outside. The rads will produce 7.5kW when the temps are 58C/48C.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back