TRVs for radiators without 15mm tails

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I would like to fit TRVs to my radiators but they have the 1/2" tails (I think - they are not 15mm anyway) but all of the TRVs seem to have 15mm connections on to the radiator tails.

What solutions are available, and if anyone could point me in the right direction to TRVs with the right tail size I would be very appreciative.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
The radiator side.

I know I could just replace the tail - although the pipework may be a little out.

or use an extendable valve tail like screwfix part 15531 or 17552.

Just wondering about other options before I commit to altering all the radiators.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
if i understand you correctly you are talking about the horizontal nut you disconnect to remove the valve, which leaves the tail in the rad, if you are and are looking for a TRV to connect to this you prob wont get one now, the internal thread on the rad is 1/2" BSP, valve tails will either be 1/2" or 3/4" so if you buy a new valve check the tail supplied is 1/2", get a 12mm allan key (NOT 1/2", see another post :oops: ) remove the tail from the rad and fit the new tail (seal the thread to the rad with PTFE or similar) then fit the valve. easy peasy

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back