Tv and Co mount

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just a small one
Channel cut into wall with trunking inlaid

25000_24314_26674_39851288_thumb.jpg

The Virgin cable wire/box removed and a socket fitted with the wiring running under the floor (by window)
Two single socket 1 fused spur part of ring main (tv PS3 and cable now hard wired
1 socket with a brush fitted so wiring can pass
Change the shelf for a more conventional set up

And finished
25000_24314_26675_26275210_thumb.jpg

the shelf braket have been replaced since they opened up and failed resulting in a large row with B&Q saying i had basically caused them to fail???? but thats a whole new story lol

Unseen in the brushed facial fitted in the skirting so the games consul wires can get into trunking.

Sponsored Links
Looking good.

I have a similar set up. Blocked up opening between two rooms using studwork with a void of about 200mm, making it easy to run cables in.

I have a unit on the floor and used the back of a letter box cover with draught excluder where cables enter the wall behind unit.

Its all about the planning with this job.

Sponsored Links
Done similar work in two rooms, with coax, ring main and cat5 feeding the TV areas. Quite satisfying when the plastering's done and your measurements turn out to be perfect! :d Well done.

Out of interest, what circuit are those two wall lamps on? They look as if they're positioned over the two existing ring main sockets. If so, are they fused?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back