TV Cooking

Sponsored Links
Just eat the same things day in day out. I find all these food programmes akin to discussing which are the best batteries to use, after all food is only energy that allows you to do something interesting / productive. Couldn't tell the difference between organic / mass produced.... but then again on blind tastings nor can the pro's as has been demonstrated many times.

I watch quite a few cookery programs, but I don’t see them so much as instructional as inspirational, If as you say Jamie is knocking together something from mango, I`d think “mmm yea mango, that’s an awesome idea, but if I throw some chilli and ground star anise on there that would go really well with the pulled pork I`ve got planned for Saturdays dinner.” I don`t see these recipes as there for following but more to take and adapt.

Different strokes for different folks, then. I do not watch these progs that much but often buy the publication. On choosing a recipe to follow I tend to stick with the ingredients verbatim, perhaps modifying things with any subsequent attempt.

Just eat the same things day in day out. I find all these food programmes akin to discussing which are the best batteries to use, after all food is only energy that allows you to do something interesting / productive. Couldn't tell the difference between organic / mass produced.... but then again on blind tastings nor can the pro's as has been demonstrated many times.
Variety ain't the spice of your life, then, is it? :cry:

would go really well with the pulled pork

What is 'pulled pork'? Who pulled it, when and from where? Why? Never heard of it til 6 months ago, now it's everywhere. :confused:

Pulled pork is a pork shoulder joint cooked slowly (12+ hrs) on the bbq. Lots of seasoning and massive flavor that when cooked is so soft you can mash the joint with a wooden spoon.

I cant claim to know about any recent popularity I grew up with yanks and have done what I call "real bbq" all my adult life, pulled pork, smoked brisket, beer roast chicken...

Sponsored Links

What is 'pulled pork'? Who pulled it, when and from where? Why? Never heard of it til 6 months ago, now it's everywhere. :confused:

Pulled pork is a pork shoulder joint cooked slowly (12+ hrs) on the bbq. Lots of seasoning and massive flavor that when cooked is so soft you can mash the joint with a wooden spoon.

I cant claim to know about any recent popularity I grew up with yanks and have done what I call "real bbq" all my adult life, pulled pork, smoked brisket, beer roast chicken...

Thanks for the info. I have a South African friend who's very serious about his BBQs, or Brais as he calls them. Will have to see if he has done this and maybe convince him to try it. Sounds delicious.

I prefer a different kind of pulled pork :mrgreen: 12+ hrs by god that would be tender!

I prefer a different kind of pulled pork :mrgreen: 12+ hrs by god that would be tender!

Didn't think anyone would be able to resist that one for too long. :LOL:

Whitespirit66";p="2996207 said:

I prefer a different kind of pulled pork :mrgreen: 12+ hrs by god that would be tender![/]quote]

The liberal aplication of bbq sauce, and ensuring pleanty of pork fat is there keeps it nice and moist...

Talking of sausages, there are two outstanding sausage shops I know of - one is in Bamburgh and the other is in Clitheroe.

Fascinating, :rolleyes: , but true :)

I apologise, it was far too easy !

I watch quite a few cookery programs, but I don’t see them so much as instructional as inspirational, If as you say Jamie is knocking together something from mango, I`d think “mmm yea mango, that’s an awesome idea, but if I throw some chilli and ground star anise on there that would go really well with the pulled pork I`ve got planned for Saturdays dinner.” I don`t see these recipes as there for following but more to take and adapt.

Different strokes for different folks, then. I do not watch these progs that much but often buy the publication. On choosing a recipe to follow I tend to stick with the ingredients verbatim, perhaps modifying things with any subsequent attempt.

Variety ain't the spice of your life, then, is it? :cry:

Not on a day to day basis ... no. I don't really like eating TBH.

Sponsored Links
Back