Twin sockets with USB

Sponsored Links
You’d need a DUAL back box, not a double.
A 2 gang back box will be fine, USB module in one side, single socket module in the other. 20210902_195120.jpg20210902_194601.jpg

So you need one with the label "fast charge" or USB-PD to get the benefit
And even among PD chargers there are a whole bunch of voltage/current combinations.

That BG one is likely more than sufficient for most phones and tablets, but may struggle a bit with laptops (though it does at least support the 20V mode which means it has a higher chance of getting at least some charge into a laptop).

Sponsored Links
According to the catalogue, the MK Logic Plus 2G socket with USB switches off once the shutters are down.

But they need a deeper box than 25mm. With three cables in the back box, I just about got away with a 25mm recessed box and a 20mm spacer between the wall and the socket front plate.

I don't think they have shutters though ! :LOL:
From the current catalogue:
'MK Electric USB charging solutions are also designed with inherent safety features such as overload protection and automatic disconnect on the modular product when the cable is removed.'
It refers to the module I've already mentioned, not the 2 gang sockets :)

I finally got around to measuring the standby power on a LAP EBN22U3B twin USB twin socket and it is between 0.1W & 0.2W (resolution of my power meter). I happened to have various wallwart phone chargers for comparison, older ones were typically 0.3W to 0.4W but newer ones were between 0.1W & 0.2W. Of course if you buy one from somewhere like Fleabay you could get anything!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back