Two lights, one switch?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Morni all,

Question re lighting.

I've finally figured out lighting circuits and discovered that I was stupid to be scared of them. they're easy when you know how!

Anyhows, downstairs, in the living room I have two lights which are currently controlled by their own switches. I've put two way switching in because they were originally controlled from opposite sides of the room so I can now control both lights from either side. However, I've found that I never use just one light. If I switch one on, I aways switch the other on too and I therefore figure that I could just stick them both on the same single switch.

Is this allowed? To switch two lights from the one single gang two way switch?

Cheers all.

Fred.

Sponsored Links
Yes it is allowed & can I just give you a bit of advice, you say you "have figured out lighting ccts. & they are easy when you know how", well from your question there is obviously a lot you do not know, please do not become too cocky & put yourself & others in danger

Cheers JJ.

Don't worry, I'll not be getting too cocky and putting myself in danger. I'd never attempt anything I didn't understand or that I felt was beyond me and I'd never do anything that I was unsure of, hence the question. If I have a doubt about anything then I check and confirm bfore doing it. Yes, there is still a helluva lot I don't know which is great because that means there's a helluva lot more for me to learn.

My comment re figuring out lighting circuits was because in the past I'd always shied away from learning how they work because they just look so damn confusing compared to a standard ring or radial circuit. However, a bit of research and looking at existing fittings etc and it all became apparent.

Thanks again for the reply.

regards

Fred

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back