Two Planes Landed In England

Besides, it was the Iraq war that was widely claimed to be illegal - not the Afghan war which is currently claiming lives.

Whether a war is legal or illegal depends on which side of the argument you are on, the winners will say it was legal
What's more important is whether it's winnable, the British couldn't do it in the 19th century, the Russians couldn't do it, the Yanks can't do it. So wtf are we doing back there, sending lads over to be killed and mutilated.

Sponsored Links
What's more important is whether it's winnable, the British couldn't do it in the 19th century, the Russians couldn't do it, the Yanks can't do it. So wtf are we doing back there, sending lads over to be killed and mutilated.

That i agree on to a point, that area has massive cultural differences to what we in the west are used to. Us turning up and imposing our version of democracy over night won't work when the people your doing it to have been in a state of tribal war for longer than we've had a parliament.

We can't even get everyone in Ireland to get along and that's only two groups of people.

The "winner" won't decide if this is illegal or not. In today's world people will make up their own minds and ignore or marginalize anything that goes against it.

I don't think we are there to 'impose' our version of democracy, are we?

I don't think we are there to 'impose' our version of democracy, are we?

So what do you think we are there for then? What do you think Iraq was about (apart from the oil)? For "our version of democracy" read "puppet government", and guess who's got there fingers on the strings. I'll give you a clue, it ain't us, even though loads of our lads are dying over there.

Sponsored Links
I think we are there to deny terrorists a base to operate from, and to enable the indiginous population to establish their own democracy.
The only similarity to our democracy so far is the corruption and dishonesty which is present in most other democracies.

I think we are there to deny terrorists a base to operate from
Like I said, we couldn't do it before. Nor could the Russians or the Americans with their modern weapons

and to enable the indiginous population to establish their own democracy.
What makes you think they want one? Far from depriving terrorists, I think we're encouraging recruitment for them.
If some foreigners wanted to impose their form of government on us wouldn't you want to join the resistance?

mickymoody, remind me to not respond to any more posts you make.
You, too, bear an uncanny resmblance to another poster on my ignore list

That's certainly your perogative, but a forum. by definition, is for expressing your views, if you disagree that's fine, I have no bones about that, when people go beyond that and start personal insults in a forum, then something is amiss..

But for genuine comment, to be ignored, without explaination, is a little stark.

For the last few days I have been bullied and harassed by certain members of the forum, and these have been reported to admin, that have not responded. So if my true feelings regarding this matter have offended you, then I apologise, but an open forum, isn't everyone allowed to voice their own opinion? If you disagree, then say, rather than ban further input, weren't the great inventors ridiculed, and ignored, before their inventions were taken seriously? Don't bar me, for making assumptions.

For the last few days I have been bullied and harassed by certain members of the forum, and these have been reported to admin, that have not responded

this dont surprise me i dont think there is a admin or is on holiday. same here no response.

When I was in my first job the joke about the trade union was thus:-

When we get our freedom you'll all were bowler hats.

We'd all call out "But I don't want to where a bowler hat"

Somebody would say "When you get your freedom you'll do what you're bloody well told"

This, I believe, is what the Americans are up to with there version of freedom.
Its not us that want them to be democratized, its the Americans.
Listen to there retorical chants of "Freedom for all". This has never, as far as I know ever been said by the British parliament.
The Americans are fanatical about freedom as long as they are the ones controlling it.
The Americans are the pariers(s) of freedom and throw money, lives, or guns at it and I'm not sure its ever worked peacefully or politcally for them without this incentive.

This computer doesn't do what it's told to do at times even though I gave it its freesom at a bootsail.

Two planes landed in England today , One brought back a group of overpaid , over rated , underachieving footballers .

The other brought back seven coffins , Each with the Union Jack draped over them .

And thankfully out of about 60,000,000 people in this country the military plane had a bigger turnout to receive and respect those hero's.
The people of Wooton Bassett should be applauded for doing something to respect these brave lads and lasses, which is more than any government has done.

Well let's hear Hoggy say that they are his own words then. Come on Hoggy.

mickymoody, remind me to not respond to any more posts you make.
You, too, bear an uncanny resmblance to another poster on my ignore list

That's certainly your perogative, but a forum. by definition, is for expressing your views, if you disagree that's fine, I have no bones about that, when people go beyond that and start personal insults in a forum, then something is amiss..

But for genuine comment, to be ignored, without explaination, is a little stark.

For the last few days I have been bullied and harassed by certain members of the forum, and these have been reported to admin, that have not responded. So if my true feelings regarding this matter have offended you, then I apologise, but an open forum, isn't everyone allowed to voice their own opinion? If you disagree, then say, rather than ban further input, weren't the great inventors ridiculed, and ignored, before their inventions were taken seriously? Don't bar me, for making assumptions.

For the last few days I have been bullied and harassed by certain members of the forum, and these have been reported to admin, that have not responded

this dont surprise me i dont think there is a admin or is on holiday. same here no response.

Aww diddums. :rolleyes: All becuare you wanted to know how to obtain a Boilers burner pressure, and even when told where to obtain it, you start abusing people as forum rules dictate that, that kind of advise cannot be given on an open forum. Were you actually too god damn idle to phone Glowworm then? www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=231062

Grow a backbone FFS :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Back