Type B RCD (ie AC/DC sensing - NOT RCBOs!) stockists?

That may be one way but then neither comma is required. If the comma before 'except' is used then it implies their would be more after the clause.
Not necessarily. The commas are probably being used to indicate pauses, not as 'parenthesis' around a clause.

For what it's worth, I think that the commas are desirable, even if perhaps not grammatical essential, in the version I suggested. Try removing the commas and then reading it out loud. I would think that it will either sound odd (and be quite difficult to say) without any pauses where those commas are - or else you will automatically/subconsciously insert those pauses (pauses which. in the written form, would/could be represented by commas).

Whatever, I think we are agreed that the material in question could/should have been written more clearly.

Kind Regards, John[/QUOTE]

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back