Type of plaster

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I got a quote today from a builder, and i'd ripped the tiles off the bathroom already and a bit of the plaster.

On top of the brickwork (under the plaster), there was some material that he said needed removing - whether I did it, or he did it. He said it absorbs moisture, and is contributing to my bathroom condensation.

He said it's a lazy way of plastering instead of using sand and cement.

I can't remember what he said it was called.... can anyone make a suggestion to what it was, without me asking him directly.

Sponsored Links
bonding , browning , hardwall :idea: - i don`t think it contributes to condensation , but ask in the plasterers forum ;)

Yeah, "bonding" sounds familiar. I'm gonna look up what these terms mean, unless you have time to give me a quick summary.

I hate being ignorant when I'm getting quotes done. Better to have a bit of clue right.

thanks

i'll ask in the plasterers forum.. thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back