Type of pullcord for showerlight fan

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I am having a new bathroom fitted, I have purchased all the stuff myself, although it is be fitted by a firm. I have just decided to add a shower fan
with combined light made by a firm called manrose. according to the instructions it can be fitted so that it works when the light is switched on, or can be operated by a separate pull cord switch, which is what I prefer. I have had a look at these pullcords, nor sure which one I need, some are 45amp with lights, others are pull cords for operating a light,would the latter for a light be ok.

Many Thanks

Sponsored Links
A light switch pullcord should be fine, unless for some unknown reason you have a 10kW fan :D

Also, consider who uses the bathroom: will they use the fan?

The reason they're connected to the light switch is normally so everyone has to use it so a healthy environment is maintained. Your teenage daughter spending hours in the shower with no ventilation will do nothing to prevent condensation. And when she gets out of the shower and on the bog . . . I'll say no more. ;)

Sponsored Links
The reason they're connected to the light switch is normally so everyone has to use it so a healthy environment is maintained. Your teenage daughter spending hours in the shower with no ventilation will do nothing to prevent condensation. And when she gets out of the shower and on the bog . . . I'll say no more. ;)
IMO all a fan on the lightswitch does is **** people off and run far more of the time than it needs to. And if there is a fan isolator there is a good chance that said isolator will spend all it's time switched off.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back