UFC

I

imamartian

What do you guys think?
Know what it is?
Love it (like me)?
Hate it?
I've been a fan of boxing all my life, but UFC has made me see something different.... it's the closest you'll get to a legal street fight !
.. although what's with the names? i reckon i could 'do' any guy named Randy? Chuck or Tito? couldn't i? :eek:

Sponsored Links
It's everything that is sick in our society.

St.%20Joseph%20II.jpg

noseall what move is that pic depicting? is it the start of a piledriver?

Sponsored Links
i don't agree that it's sick. Brutal maybe, but sick should be reserved for things people do to others that don't want it to happen.
At least UFC fighters are both consenting and highly trained.

It's thuggishness - nothing more.

People that brawl in town centres are consenting in many cases - that's what they do on a Saturday night. Doesn't make it acceptable does it?

Let's bring back dog fighting and bear baiting. Or maybe gladiators in the market square?

Isn't it time society moved on?

It's thuggishness - nothing more.

People that brawl in town centres are consenting in many cases - that's what they do on a Saturday night. Doesn't make it acceptable does it?

Let's bring back dog fighting and bear baiting. Or maybe gladiators in the market square?

Isn't it time society moved on?

Joe you're wrong, the sort of person you're refering to, who goes out on a Saturday night for a fight doesn't usually agree with their 'victim' that they both want a fight. And i very much doubt they shake hands afterwards, and i know for a fact that both parties haven't agreed that head-stamping, eye-gouging and the use of a knife is not in the rules.

Also in dog fighting and bear baiting, i reckon the animals rarely show consent beforehand.

As for gladiators... that's kind of what UFC is. The ultimate challenge between two athletes.

And acceptable? no, none of what you quoted is acceptable, neither is it legal. UFC is !

It might be legal but it is primitive and sick. Isn't it time to move on?

it's the closest you'll get to a legal street fight !

Yeh, like that's a good thing :rolleyes:

War is the closest thing you'll get to legal murder.

Inheritance tax is the closest thing you'll get to legal theft.

Prostitution is the closest thing you'll get to legal rape.

Ok, so violence is a part of human nature, but should we really be celebrating it?

The UFC became a hit on pay-per-view and home video almost immediately due to its originality, realism, and wide press coverage, although not all of it favorable. The nature of the burgeoning sport quickly drew the attention of the authorities and UFC events were banned in a number of American states.

It easiest way to find out Franklin's workout routine is to watch the UFC All Access that covered Franklin. On the show, he covers his workout routine and diet. You can watch it on UFC on Demand. I am sure if you sure hard for it online, you can find a free version of the show.

Sponsored Links
Back