UK could have controlled borders but chose not to and then blamed the EU.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

Attachments

• DCv1Um2XYAAb00E.jpg
    DCv1Um2XYAAb00E.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 75
Sponsored Links
Leave does not equal Tories. Labour are also Leavers, as is the messiah Corbyn himself.

Nozzle

Leave does not equal Tories. Labour are also Leavers, as is the messiah Corbyn himself.

Nozzle

So we had the power to implement a system of controls but successive governments decided not to. Since we joined we have had 26 yrs of tory governments and 17yrs of labour.

Sponsored Links
I mention the tories as they were the government in power at the time who pushed the referendum. However I find the lack of controls both a threat to security and another example of the farce that has become Theresa May.

Yeah, the national addiction to cheap imported labour was too hard to resist - as are all addictions. Why bother to invest in our own nurses, doctors, mathematicians and engineers when they can be educated and trained at cost to another state and then just imported?

Nozzle

Last edited:
Of course, it was the 17 years of Labour that didn't bother to implement and regulations as they said only 3000 immigrants would bother coming her.

But Kank is right, we could have introduced some form of border control, although the EU would have overridden us because of the freedom of movement regulations. What both the Tories and the Labour failed to do, as check for undesirables, and just let in anybody (and everybody).

Someone in Brussels did blame us for attracting migrants because of our benefits system though.

But Kank is right, we could have introduced some form of border control, although the EU would have overridden us because of the freedom of movement regulations.
I think that has been debunked.

The EU rules do allow for control; Britain chose not to employ them.

Both parties apparently decided not to tell us; presumably to avoid taking the blame.
Why didn't Farage mention it? Had he not read the rules either or was he keeping quiet for his own ends?

The thick plottens.

Last edited:
Um, I think that's what I was trying to say. And we don't check who enters and who leaves, so we have no idea who's overstayed.

Yes, and of course, they count net migration as the relevant figure which obviously depends on how many leave.

It's a shambles whichever way you look at it, and both parties are to blame if you ask me. I don't think they actually have a proper (even vauge) system of checking. I think they ask a random sample of what their intentions are.

Zealous remoaners had the best part of 40 years to sort it out. But choose instead to ignore the people.

Unfortunately, it's the government in charge; the remoaners have just been cheering them on.

Sponsored Links
Back