New EU border force.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The European Parliament has voted to create a 10,000 strong armed border force to police EU borders.

https://time.com/5392444/eu-border-force-migration/

How will this new force operate in regards to N.I.
If N.I. is still technically UK territory but also EU territory at the same time , will these guards who will be under the control of a foreign state have the right to question and detain British nationals on what is still supposed to be sovereign UK Territory.

Boris and his deal could cause real problems.

Sponsored Links

Nope.

"The European Border and Coast Guard Agency, also known as Frontex[5] (from French: Frontières extérieures for "external borders"), is an agency of the European Union headquartered in Warsaw, Poland, tasked with border control of the European Schengen Area, in coordination with the border and coast guards of Schengen Area member states"

I wonder if vinty thinks NI is part of the Schengen area.

"Frontex was established in 2005 as the European Agency for the Management of Operational Cooperation at the External Borders, and primarily responsible for coordinating border control efforts. In response to the European migrant crisis of 2015–2016, the European Commission proposed on 15 December 2015, to extend Frontex's mandate and to transform it into a fully-fledged European Border and Coast Guard Agency.[6] On 18 December 2015, the European Council roundly supported the proposal,[7] and after a vote by the European Parliament, the European Border and Coast Guard was officially launched on 6 October 2016 at the Bulgarian external border with Turkey.[8] "

Boris and his deal could cause real problems.
Agreement from an unlikely source...

"Remain better than PM's Brexit deal"

"Ben Habib - a Brexit Party MEP - reveals: "I see the withdrawal agreement as much worse than Remain."
He says that under Boris Johnson's Brexit deal "we'll leave Northern Ireland bereft".

Sponsored Links
Another example of Brexers being unable to agree what they want.

Back